Transfer visas, etc. from old US passport to new passport at CW

Can one make an online appointment for this? 

I hope to do it and also the 90-day report in one go.  (I'm guessing I'll need to do the 90-day in person because it's a change of passport.)  Thanks.

• Like 1

To follow up, the only possible option I see on the website for online appointment is for something called "Endorsement".  Can this be for transfer of visas, etc. to new passport?

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

Can one make an online appointment for this? 

I hope to do it and also the 90-day report in one go.  (I'm guessing I'll need to do the 90-day in person because it's a change of passport.)  Thanks.

For the specific action of having the record of the visa and extension stamps transferred to a new passport, there is no category for it listed on the appointment booking page.

But when I did that about seven years ago the process was handled at the L desks at CW.  You could try making an appointment for an extension, it might be doable. Or give the office a call and find out.

Are you planning to do this during the time frame of when your next 90-day report is due? 

First, you would have the stamps transferred, then you would do the 90-day report. At CW, you likely would have to do the 90-dayer at the A section. You can make an online appointment for that.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

42 minutes ago, JTXR said:

To follow up, the only possible option I see on the website for online appointment is for something called "Endorsement".  Can this be for transfer of visas, etc. to new passport?

'Endorsement' appears to apply for permanent residents, I don't know exactly what it's about. 

I'd give a shot at making an appointment with 'Extension'. In one sense it is your extension which is the issue, getting it transferred. Transfer of info and stamps is less work than an extension, the IO might like that 

Edited by rwilem

39 minutes ago, Pib said:

I was told to wait in the queue section which was FULL until called...but when the officer finished with their customer I was called in.  About 5 to 10 minutes later I done....stamps transferred....out the door.   Transfer of stamps is a quick process.

It's like it was handled in just about the same way as having an appointment, good word there. 

As I recall from way back it wasn't much of a wait, either. 

Don't know if you were asked about it, but some folks have reported that the bankbook (and copies of relevant pages, maybe?) are wanted when doing the stamps transfer at CW.  So the OP might be advised to bring it with him.

7 minutes ago, rwilem said:

It's like it was handled in just about the same way as having an appointment, good word there. 

As I recall from way back it wasn't much of a wait, either. 

Don't know if you were asked about it, but some folks have reported that the bankbook (and copies of relevant pages, maybe?) are wanted when doing the stamps transfer at CW.  So the OP might be advised to bring it with him.

I was not asked for my bank passbook.   I just went with the Stamps Transfer form completed, my new & old passport, and the other docs listed on below stamps transfer form.

Weblink to Bangkok Immigration Stamps Transfer Form as of 10 May 2023

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Transfer-Stamp-to-New-Passport-Form.pdf

Edited by Pib
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good form to have. I'll need it in the not-too-distant future myself. 

(Plus, instead of taking for granted the 'ten years validity' of a passport, it might be better to think of it as being nine.)

41 minutes ago, rwilem said:

(Plus, instead of taking for granted the 'ten years validity' of a passport, it might be better to think of it as being nine.)

Yea...I always renew my U.S. 10 year passport at around the 9 year point to allow for plenty of renewal time and to always have at least 6 months validity left on the passport. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

It cost me 500 baht at the border to get it done when crossing.

And if I wanted my agent to do it at local immigration she was charging 900 baht door to door service.

Hope that helps ya some.

Hey, there you are. 

OK, entry stamp for a 45-day visa-exempt was in the now-expired passport. The new one had the 30-day extension. And so when exiting at the land border, they copied the entry stamp into the new one? And at a charge of 500 baht. 

Been in the same situation at the airport, but I don't believe the expired tourist visa/entry stamp was transferred (I was also on a 30-day extension to the tourist visa). Nope, at the airport just could see immigration was updating their record of my entry/exit history on the now-expired passport and connecting it to my new passport number. Took a few minutes, but no problem, on my way after that.

At a land border, certainly more 'discretion' comes into play. What all did they do in your case? Seems that nothing should have been required to be put in the new passport, that seems odd. But maybe a case of 'make work/play for pay?'

Well, at least you did beat the agent!

Thanks for the replies.  I'll make an appointment for an extension, and if I'm told that was a mistake, I'll plead ignorance and apologize profusely.  That sometime works if people are in a good mood.  ????

2 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Thanks for the replies.  I'll make an appointment for an extension, and if I'm told that was a mistake, I'll plead ignorance and apologize profusely.  That sometime works if people are in a good mood.  ????

Make sure you do a hard copy of confirmation email.

Think you may have issue booking for extension.

The appointments for extensions are based on estimated process time. 

Stamp transfer is far less.

Can't plead ignorance on such blatant error. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Just go instead without an appt as you are going to be put in the front of the line anyway since transfer of stamps is easy and fast for immigration.  Don't hog an extension appt slot someone else could use for an actual extension.

19 hours ago, rwilem said:

Hey, there you are. 

OK, entry stamp for a 45-day visa-exempt was in the now-expired passport. The new one had the 30-day extension. And so when exiting at the land border, they copied the entry stamp into the new one? And at a charge of 500 baht. 

Been in the same situation at the airport, but I don't believe the expired tourist visa/entry stamp was transferred (I was also on a 30-day extension to the tourist visa). Nope, at the airport just could see immigration was updating their record of my entry/exit history on the now-expired passport and connecting it to my new passport number. Took a few minutes, but no problem, on my way after that.

At a land border, certainly more 'discretion' comes into play. What all did they do in your case? Seems that nothing should have been required to be put in the new passport, that seems odd. But maybe a case of 'make work/play for pay?'

Well, at least you did beat the agent!

I had my Entry transfered into my emergency PP  Then I had my extension stamped into my emergency PP

That PP was then canceled when my official PP was ready (which of course was blank).

I did not think anything needed to be transfered either?  (why?  the stamp was done and it was shown to exit).

However, the officer handling my departure looked at my PP's and waived over a guy that said I needed it and took 500 and 30 minutes waiting.

they weren't busy. 

I think it was a money grab too personally...but I don't care really about $15 as long as I have zero troubles leaving and coming in.

Even after that she took 4x the time to let me thru as she did any others that went thru her.  But that's why I went with the vip group pass lol..."I got people."

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

Bank book seems to be a requirement now and I had to file a new TM30 - don't know if that was because mine was old, or because the passport number had changed.

TM30 was required due to the passport change.  Or if you change visa type/enter on a new visa a new TM30 would also be required.