PC Optimizer

roger101

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody needs any of these.

And installation with too many useless programs is not getting better by installing more (more or less) useless programs.

The first advice should be: Remove any programs which were installed and which you don't need.

But I guess that instruction is already too difficult for the OP.

Weeeell, as I have posted, I have taken care of a few PC's for folk with results they and I were happy with.

Done mainly with easy fixes because the owners never did the fundamentals.

Nobody here can say my fixes didn't work because they did.....????

Many years ago I gave a PC problem to a shop, on starting the thing up I find stuff missing, so for years I have been fooling around finding fixes, it has been good fun...................????

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are also too many guys who think they know about PCs, but they know little. And most of the people with half knowledge make the situation worse.

It's like asking the neighbor to fix the brakes on the car. The neighbor said he can do it. What can possibly go wrong? ...

At least the OP will be OK with my recommendations, which have been tried and tested, many times, unlike a bloke here trashing updating drivers............:whistling:........................????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeell, as I have posted, I have taken care of a few PC's for folk with results they and I were happy with.

Many years ago I gave a PC problem to a shop, on starting the thing up I find stuff missing, so for years I have been fooling around finding fixes, it has been good fun...................????

Ok Where do you live?

Just now, n00dle said:

I do update my drivers, but its hardly rocket science, is it?

Listen to you, me old mucker!

i have a lifetime in software and tech and you are telling me how you keep your hamster wheel powered desktop running tickety boo using bloody Norton. 

how sweet.     

Yeh, riiiiiiiiiiiight......................????

Unless you're system is infected with a virus (or a few) then you have probably run into the limits of your hardware.  Like others have said, take it to a tech shop and have it upgraded.  However, with that said, you should also consider doing a "clean-install" of Windows (I'm assuming you are using Windows) and reload all of your programs from scratch.  If you don't know how to do that, pay someone to do it for you.  Or learn how to use Linux.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Sure, maybe your fixes work. Good for you.

I work full time on PCs since DOS and Windows 3. And I had to fix many PCs where wannabe experts thought they fixed them previously. Most private PCs have way too many optimization programs installed. Professionals don't install 99% of those programs, because they are not necessary. Keep it simple! 

• Like 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I work full time on PCs since DOS and Windows 3. And I had to fix many PCs where wannabe experts thought they fixed them previously. Most private PCs have way too many optimization programs installed. Professionals don't install 99% of those programs, because they are not necessary. Keep it simple! 

Absolutelly correct!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

what the absolute fok?

i once took care of a sombodys kitten  and it didnt die. I think that is because i gave it food. 

does that make me a veterinarian?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am, for the OP who knows nothing...................:unsure: 

• Confused 1

Just now, n00dle said:

but trans uses norton. we all know they make a quality product. 

I only use NPE on a problem PC for starters, but of course you know better..............????..............????

PS. But I do use capital letters in my posts....???? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I used NC a lot - with DOS. It was a great program at that time.

Norton_Commander_5.51.png

Ah 1998, i had been in Thailand for just under 2 years. The baht had taken a poop and my leftover USD was worth a small fortune in baht. It would be another 2 years until I got picked up a software dev company that got bought out by Microsoft. 

Edited by n00dle

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Ah 1998, i had been in Thailand for just under a year. It would be another 2 years until I got picked up a software dev company that got bought out by Microsoft. 

In DOS times, before Windows 3 was launched in 1990, everybody who worked on a PC used NC. It was probably the most used utility at that time. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

CCleaner

This will specifically identify what programmes are slowing your computer down, and then you can remove those programmes with CCleaner as well.

A few months back, my office computer was very slow to start. By using CCleaner identified that two simple Print to PDF programmes were hugely slowing down my computer.

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, Crossy said:

CCleaner is well regarded for removing the first "C", just Google it.

Read the messages carefully or you may actually end up with some replacement "C" ???? 

If one is to recommend CCleaner to a novice, best to link to the Slim version;  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds together with a recommendation to save any sign-ins before proceeding with a clean up. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 7:34 PM, n00dle said:

Can you not read through the steady stream of drool? Updating drivers is good practice, but you dont need bloatware to do it,

Why do drivers need updating. If a PC was running fine last year with drivers current then, what would make it stop working properly this year, please?

• Like 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Why do drivers need updating. If a PC was running fine last year with drivers current then, what would make it stop working properly this year, please?

it depends on the applicaton the os etc. some updates to hardware can require new drivers etc etc security patches can affect several applications

it was far more important in the past, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:12 PM, transam said:

You must remove all the junk.

You must ensure drivers are up to date.

Start with a few simple fix free downloads that you will have no problem using.

1. Norton Power Eraser.

2. IObit Advanced System Care.

3. IObit Driver Booster.

4. Click on > Settings>Updates and Security>Updates.

See what happens for starters.....☺️

Where to start…. ???? 

I believe CCleaner is now owned by Avast. When installing CCleaner you have to opt out of installing Avast anti virus. As the OP is not computer savvy, installing an anti virus is going to cause even bigger problems.

Also if the OP does not know what he is doing CCleaner can damage the registry.

Edited by elfpattaya