Public transport from Pattaya to chonburi?

mell

19 hours ago, Espanol said:

There is not a big bus or train that goes to chonburi from Pattaya.

Perhaps if you limit yourself to The North Rd bus station....but I assure you there are plenty of large buses going  down Sukhumvit/Pattaya Chonbury bound. I thought some stopped close to the top of Klang. and would pick up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

You asked if there was a bus that made the journey. Answer is yes. Check the north bus station. Some buses go straight to Ekkamai. Some make many stops on the way. Just ask

When I go to Bangkok on the bus from north, 1st stop is Market Village Suvarnabhumi.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mell said:

My god what is happening to this forum ? One sensible reply ...

Suspect it's because they've never been able to figure out the buses there either.

There is a rumor that there are big blue & white buses that ply Sukhumvit between Bangkok and Pattaya and maybe points south but when and where they stop seems to be a secret.

7-outside_2.jpeg

There is one train per day each direction, maybe two (only on weekends?) linking Chonburi and Pattaya.  But SRT guards this info as well.

Edited by Lee65
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lee65 said:

Suspect it's because they've never been able to figure out the buses there either.

There is a rumor that there are big blue & white buses that ply Sukhumvit between Bangkok and Pattaya and maybe points south but when and where they stop seems to be a secret.

7-outside_2.jpeg

There is one train per day each direction, maybe two (only on weekends?) linking Chonburi and Pattaya.  But SRT guards this info as well.

https://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Pattaya

I don't think trains go to Chonburi City.. the line goes East from Bang Saen then turns back in for Chachoengsao.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

You can flag down one of the double decker garishly painted buses on Sukhumvit if you see one… I guess the fare will be between 60 & 80 baht. 

The bus from Pattaya North goes straight onto the motorway, but I do recall it occasionally exiting and stopping at Chonburi bus station. Ask at Pattaya North ticket office.

Coming back, many times, especially later in the evening, the bus from Ekkamai goes into Chonburi and stops as requested at various places on Sukhumvit Rd between Chonburi and Pattaya, though not Chonburi bus station itself because a bus can be had from Bangkok Ekkamai to Chonburi.

19 minutes ago, champers said:

The bus from Pattaya North goes straight onto the motorway, but I do recall it occasionally exiting and stopping at Chonburi bus station. Ask at Pattaya North ticket office.

Coming back, many times, especially later in the evening, the bus from Ekkamai goes into Chonburi and stops as requested at various places on Sukhumvit Rd between Chonburi and Pattaya, though not Chonburi bus station itself because a bus can be had from Bangkok Ekkamai to Chonburi.

I am not referring to the buses from North Pattaya bus station…

1 hour ago, NextG said:

I am not referring to the buses from North Pattaya bus station…

My post was for the OP as well as you. North Pattaya bus station is only round the corner from Sukhumvit.

2 hours ago, champers said:

My post was for the OP as well as you. North Pattaya bus station is only round the corner from Sukhumvit.

Not sure why you quoted me at all to be honest. 
We have no idea as to his starting point on Sukhumwit. The large double decker buses traverse the whole route, so no need to go to North Pattaya as a starting point. In addition, there should be buses taking off from Sukhumvit near the junctions of South and Central Pattaya. They were blue and white when I used them a while back. Took the same in the way back from Sri Racha.