Nose Job (augmentation) - Surgery In Bangkok

qpgwmh

My wife will do her nose when we visit Bangkok for three weeks later this year. Clinics that offer this service are obviously all over the place so I'm keen to get some recommendations from people whose partners have had this done rather than take a lucky dip.

Any advice at all (e.g. cost, time to heal, complications, silicone options...) that you may be able to offer from your own experiences would be great.

Thanks!

Any advice at all (e.g. cost, time to heal, complications, silicone options...) that you may be able to offer from your own experiences would be great.

Thanks!

YanHee for sure, warn your wife her face will be black & blue for quite a few weeks. Then its all history, she will be fine after that.

edit for spelling

Edited by HarryHacker

I have a friend who had a facelift. Unfortunately it got infected and it disfigures him. He is trying to sue but this is Thailand.

Having medical procedures done in Thailand is cheaper but if something goes wrong, it's very difficult to sue and if you do win, monetary rewards are very small. You have to remember, you are a foreigner and recourse is limited and long.

I have a friend who had a facelift. Unfortunately it got infected and it disfigures him. He is trying to sue but this is Thailand.

Having medical procedures done in Thailand is cheaper but if something goes wrong, it's very difficult to sue and if you do win, monetary rewards are very small. You have to remember, you are a foreigner and recourse is limited and long.

Thanks Gary. My wife is Thai but this would have no bearing upon the chances of something going wrong I guess. There are so many people in Thailand with nose jobs that I'd hope the vast majority went smoothly.

My wife will do her nose when we visit Bangkok for three weeks later this year. Clinics that offer this service are obviously all over the place so I'm keen to get some recommendations from people whose partners have had this done rather than take a lucky dip.

Thanks!

You are not telling if your wife is a Thai and wants to have a "long" nose or she is a farang that wants to correct something she does not like.

When it comes to a silicon nose for Thais, I personally know one example: a Thai woman, married to a Canadian, residing in Yukon, did her nose from flat to a western style.

The silicon reaction to the cold is different to that of a natural flesh. 9 months winter in Yukon, she is having headaches from hlll and is confined most of the time.

Hope the nose job science has advanced since 2001.

Does anybody else have any advice?

Bang Mod has a good reputation.

If she has an Isaan nose, then there is no easy way to make it look natural; however if she goes smaller rather than bigger, and uses ear cartilege it will tend to look a little better; the bigger noses look absolutely stupid on the wrong face.

Does anybody else have any advice?

Bang Mod has a good reputation.

If she has an Isaan nose, then there is no easy way to make it look natural; however if she goes smaller rather than bigger, and uses ear cartilege it will tend to look a little better; the bigger noses look absolutely stupid on the wrong face.

And, what happens as she ages? Would her nose follow the behavior of the rest if the body?

What Michael Jackson, not lacking the funds, has made of himself?

Yes, my wife is Thai and she would like a higher nose although nothing drastically different. We have a friend living here in London who has been through a couple of winters with her silicone nose job and no adverse reaction to the climate so hopefully it's a rare occurrence.

Bang Mod, that name rings a bell for some reason.

Good point about the longevity of surgery, I'll look into that.

Yes, my wife is Thai and she would like a higher nose although nothing drastically different. We have a friend living here in London who has been through a couple of winters with her silicone nose job and no adverse reaction to the climate so hopefully it's a rare occurrence.

best leave it alone ,changing the shape of your nose changes the whole of your appearance ,sometimes for the worst ,nobody except you cares what your nose looks like anyway .... :o

best leave it alone ,changing the shape of your nose changes the whole of your appearance ,sometimes for the worst ,nobody except you cares what your nose looks like anyway .... :o

One sees, and hears of, thai women all over the place with nose jobs, so it's obviously a common operation. Didn't realize that silicone was involved. (is that necassarily the case?) But anyway it obviously isn't feared at all by thais.

A "friend" of mine just had hers done in Sri Racha a little over a month ago. From what I could see at the time, it looked like they "broke" her nose and moved parts around to change the appearance. After the surgery and whatever they gave her for pain wore off, she was in quite a lot of pain. And I could see she was "hurting". Yes the area was black and blue for awhile. And it hurt for a couple of weeks. She is now happy, but if one looks really close (as she will), one side has a slight "bump" that the other doesn't. I told her I would take her back so they could break it again and fix it................she declined the offer as in "NO WAY!!!". :D:o And I really can't see the "bump" unless she points it out and l look really really close. Sooooo...overall, I guess she is happy with it.

A "friend" of mine just had hers done in Sri Racha a little over a month ago. From what I could see at the time, it looked like they "broke" her nose and moved parts around to change the appearance. After the surgery and whatever they gave her for pain wore off, she was in quite a lot of pain. And I could see she was "hurting". Yes the area was black and blue for awhile. And it hurt for a couple of weeks. She is now happy, but if one looks really close (as she will), one side has a slight "bump" that the other doesn't. I told her I would take her back so they could break it again and fix it................she declined the offer as in "NO WAY!!!". :D:o And I really can't see the "bump" unless she points it out and l look really really close. Sooooo...overall, I guess she is happy with it.

Thanks Ken. My wife assures me that it's just a case of slipping a slither of shaped silicone in through an incision inside the nostril and that it will bruise slightly and clear up quickly! Hopefully it's not as bad as your friend's experience as we want to enjoy our holiday as much as possible after the surgery.

Hi there ,this is NOT from experience but doing some searching i found the following :

Rhynoplasty Operation

Cost : 500 US Dollars

Time to heal :5 days minimum

Complications : Nothing guaranteed-if it goes wrong its on your onus to sue the people who made the operation but since we are talking about Thailand the chances are very slim .

Silicone Options : Not a good idea-Thailand docs are still coming to terms with working with silicone -dont try this .

Hope this helps :o