Tourists warned against taking ‘Happy Water’ drug in Thailand

snoop1130

image-77.jpg

Thailand‘s Department of Medicine is warning partygoers against taking ‘Happy Water,’ a dangerous cocktail of various illicit drugs which has become an “epidemic” in the country’s nightlife scene, reports KhaoSod.

Happy Water is made by mixing various drugs into a sweetened drink, typically including ketamine, ecstasy, methamphetamine, diazepam, caffeine, and tramadol all in one, according to the Deputy Director-General of the Department of Medical Services Dr. Manat Phothaphon.

Dr. Manat said that when ingested, Happy Water can cause all kinds of psychotropic effects such as stimulating, hallucinogenic, sedative, and depressive depending on the main substance mixed.

“[Happy Water] is a fast-spreading epidemic which is very worrying because mixing drugs, or taking high quantities of drugs, especially when mixed with alcohol, can be dangerous to the body or even cause death.”

Director of the department’s Princess Mother National Institute on Drug Abuse Treatment (PMNIDAT) Dr. Sarayut Boonchaipanichwatana said that it is becoming more and more popular for revellers to mix several drugs together at once rather than sticking to a single substance.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/tourists-warned-against-taking-happy-water-drug-in-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

What is that stuff in 1.5 liter water bottle I see being sold on the beach? They're a brown color. I thought that was some kind of drug.

Probably ketamine drink... my gardener turned up with a bottle. I declined.

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Happy Water is made by mixing various drugs into a sweetened drink, typically including ketamine, ecstasy, methamphetamine, diazepam, caffeine, and tramadol all in one,

And they call that mix, Happy Water?

Must be brainless to try that.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

What is that stuff in 1.5 liter water bottle I see being sold on the beach? They're a brown color. I thought that was some kind of drug.

Possibly Kratom. A friend of mine once mixed up some kratom into a brown drink and decanted into water bottles.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Happy Water is made by mixing various drugs into a sweetened drink, typically including ketamine, ecstasy, methamphetamine, diazepam, caffeine, and tramadol all in one, according to the Deputy Director-General of the Department of Medical Services Dr. Manat Phothaphon.

I wasn't exactly an angel in my youth, especially back in the late 60s and early 70s were drugs like ecstasy were easy to obtain - but this?  ???? Happy Water ????  This is simply stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nikmar said:

I thought Ecstasy was an 80's thing. Never heard of it in the 70's

MDA was around since late sixties...the Love Drug...the formula was changed and it became MDAA or ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nikmar said:

I thought Ecstasy was an 80's thing. Never heard of it in the 70's

MDA, MDMA, and MDMA analogs.  It was not even illegal at first.  Then they'd make it illegal and some chemist would make an analog that was slightly different and voila!  Legal again.  Better living through chemistry back in the day.  :thumbsup:  It was definitely a thing further back than you realize. 

• Thanks 1