Pattaya Police Bust Karaoke Venues for Violating Multiple Laws

snoop1130

143223-696x392.jpg

Two karaoke shops in Pattaya were raided early this morning for allegedly operating past legal closing times, allowing minors to enter the venues, and letting patrons take illegal drugs in the venues.

At 03:20 AM today, May 11th, Pattaya Police raided two karaoke shops in the middle of Pattaya and arrested many individuals.

Pol. Lt.Col. Kongphon Dechakhampoo from the Pattaya Police Station told The Pattaya News that he had received a complaint from concerned citizens that two karaoke bars operated beyond the legal hours of closing of 2:00 A.M. in entertainment zones and violated multiple other laws.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/11/pattaya-police-bust-karaoke-venues-for-violating-multiple-laws/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

These places are often near private homes and surrounded by unhappy residents. I live well out of town and these days rarely a day goes by without hearing thump thump thump music from various directions. I often wonder if any permission is needed at all to get the big amps set up and have a concert anywhere, any time. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Two karaoke shops

It looks more like someone's front room.  At least the walls will contain some of the caterwauling unlike my Swedish neighbours who prefer to offend from their front garden.

• Thanks 1