Bank letters?

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Would a signed affidavit not work ? There was a link here awhile back to download one. 

With many banks, they can be quite obstinate in what they will allow without the account owner's presence, even if you have a professionally drawn up Power of Attorney. All you can do is try.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Don't the documents have to be signed at the bank?

AFAIK the bank letter is not signed by the customer. No doubt his passport would need to be seen by bank staff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK the bank letter is not signed by the customer. No doubt his passport would need to be seen by bank staff.

Correct. But the copies they make of the passport have to be signed'

• Thumbs Up 1

Times no matter where people could get a stupid moment. 

My name was put on my brothers bank account when he passed I wrote checks to cover expenses when opportunity I walked into bank and told them need to close account that my brother had passed away.  The teller said " your brother need to come in " 

I asked for the manager pulled her aside told her the situation and what her teller had told me she double down I needed death certificate for my brother. 

I smile walked out went to my bank wrote a check for myself cleaning the account out except for 5 dollars that was  10 years ago. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1