Another coffee shop near my hotel bites the dust.

steven100

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Customers sitting at seats waiting for their coffee to cool down are taking up space and stopping other customers sitting down and thats why they serve cool coffees instead of hot ones 

But surely there will be seats vacated by the customers whos coffee has cooled and has been consumed, allowing those with the hot coffee to occupy.

• Like 1

Who cares if it closes, it's not like there isn't thousands more throughout Thailand. It seems over the past few years every Thai wants to open a coffee shop.

Not hot enough? Hmmmmm.....  maybe they are scared you'll be careless, spill it on yourself, and then sue them for burns.  

Besides who in their right mind drinks hot drinks (coffee/tea) in an extremely hot and humid tropical environment? I prefer a nice iced drink. The last time I had a hot drink was over 15 years ago at Breckenridge.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

who in their right mind drinks hot drinks (coffee/tea) in an extremely hot and humid tropical environment?

FOBs like me. I haven't gone troppo yet, hopefully never will.

14 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

That's not the point. If the OP orders a hot drink, then hot drink it is.

Sorry for posting my opinion with how silly it is......  Do note, when I'm on the ski slopes I don't eat ice cream.....  <just say'n>

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Sorry for posting my opinion with how silly it is......  Do note, when I'm on the ski slopes I don't eat ice cream.....  <just say'n>

I would eat ice cream anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Myran said:

Yeah, and why eat at restaurants when you can eat at home? And why stay at hotels when you can sleep at home? And why take the bus when you can just drive yourself? And why have the kids in a nursery school when you can take care of them yourself? And why go to a doctor when you can just Google the symptoms and self-medicate? 

I do the last one.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Coffee shops serve warm coffee and not boiling hot coffee because cups of boing coffee take time to cool down and that causes customers to sit around for longer and less business for the shop .

You go to coffee shops for a coffee , you don't get a guaranteed smile with your coffee and staff shouldn't be forced to smile at customers 

warm coffee? no. no, no! recently went into a very cool coffee shop in central manchester, wonderful vibe, but the coffee was warm, urgh. i'll never go there again.

sure, you don't use boiling water to make coffee, but coffee has to be hot - unless it's iced coffee ????

• Like 2

Just now, it is what it is said:

warm coffee? no. no, no! recently went into a very cool coffee shop in central manchester, wonderful vibe, but the coffee was warm, urgh. i'll never go there again.

sure, you don't use boiling water to make coffee, but coffee has to be hot - unless it's iced coffee ????

Why does it have to be hot? 

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

Indeed, but if you prefer a lukewarm coffee then you allow it to cool. But a tepid coffee isn't going to warm itself up.  

Then you have to wait 5 minutes to drink it. Do that 1000 times you waste 5000 minutes of your life waiting.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

That's not the point. If the OP orders a hot drink, then hot drink it is.

Seriously? A hot drink is "Hot" as in "not iced", not hot as in "exactly the temperature you want it".

Unless the OP went to a coffee shop that listed there types of coffee (iced/warm/hot)...

• Sad 1

Just now, JayClay said:

Seriously? A hot drink is "Hot" as in "not iced", not hot as in "exactly the temperature you want it".

Unless the OP went to a coffee shop that listed there types of coffee (iced/warm/hot)...

What the Shakin' Stevens does that mean. Hot or not hot, tepid, not iced. Jeez.

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

How do you define hot? I wonder about their taste buds if they need hot.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Mac ,  it's not just getting a warm coffee when the menu clearly states ' hot latte '    it's also the attitude of staff,  it's also that they can't speak english,  it's also about being polite and warm to customers.  No wonder they are out ...    imo

laa-tay rawn ...... not that hard to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'm retired, my whole life is now filled by waiting.

I want my coffee too hot to drink, or I won't buy from that shop again.

So nothing better to do? I want to drink then go do something else.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And that is exactly why I have never understood the Starbucks model, where their places are often designed to make you linger in their comfortable seating etc. Makes no economic sense at all - except that it does as they have become a global brand.

Mabe thats wby they charge nearly twice as much,,,