Marry thai lady

Tiber

The Bangrak District Office outside of Bangkok has been rated over the years as the friendliest office for foreigners (farang friendly) to register their marriages at.

https://www.thailandmarriage-regisration.com/amphur-offices-in-thailand.html

but there is a  lot of leg work you would have to do before going to the amphur  including an 'affirmation to marry' from your embassy and then having it translated into Thai.

I would talk to these people: 

https://www.alanguagelover.com/

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You had more tests and scans, what did they say?

Wording I have just picked up, at bus station now going to bch, like have treatment in UK nowhere to stay I'll put details up later. Stomach cancer 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, phil2407 said:

Sorry to hear about the stomach cancer - if you have no relatives in UK that for whatever reason you don't want to leave your assets to 

Do what you want! You don't have to be married to make a will but depends if your assets in Thailand, UK or both 

My work pension to thai wife 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op so sorry to read of your predicament. 

To answer your specific questions - Where are you in Thailand ?

You need: 

1 - Affirmation of freedom to Marry (from you Embassy)

2- Translation of Affirmation of freedom to Marry (Translation service at MFA building)

3 - MFA Approved Translation of Affirmation of freedom to Marry (at MFA)

IF you get your Affirmation of freedom to Marry from your Embassy, there are some translation agencies which will do the rest for you (in Bangkok these agencies can be found next (south of) to the Ploenchit BTS (map link here) - the translation service will take some of the legwork out of it for you (and its not expense... i.e. less than 1000 baht last I checked). 

The translation service will also help you through the marriage process if you like - this will of course be more money (not sure how much). 

Best Amphur office to legally get Married - Bang Rak (Silom Bangkok).

You will need your Affirmation of Freedom to get Married. 

Two Witnesses (if you go with the agency, they may provide this, if you speak Thai you dont need the witnesses and Bang Rak have been known to be flexible with this). 

You may need to book an appointment at the Amphur office.

And to the above, once I got the affirmation from the US embassy, the www.alanguagelover.com folks did all the rest including courier to the MFA and I had all the docs ready to submit to the amphur. (almost 2 years ago)

• Thumbs Up 1