Lazada Pet Peeve

Danderman123

Somewhat similar I find is a product priced really low. You order it, get a message for delivery by a certain date range, then past that date range you get a message that the item is out of stock! These vendors do not indicate any stock limits in Lazada, ie., 3 remaining.

No big deal as I use E-Wallet which provides almost same day refund. 

But this "mis-order" has happened several times and feels like a suckered purchase.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Whilst we are on the subject of Lazada, Madam fended off a potential COD scam for 900 Baht "we haven't ordered anything"!

I never use COD, period!

Anything which might attract duty I always warn her.

I fell for it as the "better half" was out at the time the delivery arrived.  I got some plastic cruets for my ฿900.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Somewhat similar I find is a product priced really low. You order it, get a message for delivery by a certain date range, then past that date range you get a message that the item is out of stock! These vendors do not indicate any stock limits in Lazada, ie., 3 remaining.

No big deal as I use E-Wallet which provides almost same day refund. 

But this "mis-order" has happened several times and feels like a suckered purchase.

This happens a lot...  Order a well placed item... wait for shipment, wait a little more... then start wondering where it is and check and find the seller cancelled because of no stock and I’ve wasted two weeks. 

Exactly the same item can then be found with exactly the same pictures etc.. from a ‘different vendor’ on Lazada, but for more money.... 

Its a con really, baiting you into a product and then using this tactic to try and get you to pay more.. (always Chinese vendors).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Facebook also allows scammers to advertise unchecked. Every day I see ads for things that are being sold at 10% of the normal price. Anyone with half a brain knows it's too good to be true, but there are always many dozens of people responding by asking for details. I bought one item a while ago, it was not as advertised and PayPal got me my money back. I reported to FB who responded with their usual useless 'we endeavor to ..."

100% agree...  we’ve got to be really careful on Facebook Market Place... 

The only time to buy something in Thailand is ‘in person’....  

There are also loads of time-wasters on FB market place. 

I was selling my apple watch.... I had about 50x “Is this item still available?” messages, and loads of lowball time wasting offers...   or someone negotiates a fair price, we agree, then they disappear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

100% agree...  we’ve got to be really careful on Facebook Market Place... 

The only time to buy something in Thailand is ‘in person’....  

There are also loads of time-wasters on FB market place. 

I was selling my apple watch.... I had about 50x “Is this item still available?” messages, and loads of lowball time wasting offers...   or someone negotiates a fair price, we agree, then they disappear.

You've described why I avoid people, much of the time.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Facebook also allows scammers to advertise unchecked. Every day I see ads for things that are being sold at 10% of the normal price. Anyone with half a brain knows it's too good to be true, but there are always many dozens of people responding by asking for details. I bought one item a while ago, it was not as advertised and PayPal got me my money back. I reported to FB who responded with their usual useless 'we endeavor to ..."

Yeah, I see those, and the many 68 baht offers. Comments in English claiming they paid 68 baht and got a motor scooter, but the posters are from other countries.