Applying for Non O visa "retirement" at Mae Sai Immigration Office

Did anyone succeed recently to apply to a 90 days Non O "retirement" visa at Mae Sai Immigration by first having to bounce out at "Mae Sai/Tachilek" border in order to kill off a OA extension of stay ?

Yesterday, I have been to Mae Sai Immigration Office and they refused to allow me to apply for a Non O visa "retirement" because I currently have a Non OA extension of stay, even if I kill off it by doing a border bounce and come back with a 30 days visa exempt. 

They told me that I have to apply for a O visa "retirement" at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos

• Confused 1

Another possibility if you have the time and means to do it - albeit equally aggravating, though - would be to book yourself into an extended stay at a Bangkok hotel who are prepared to issue a TM30 form in your case. This will then enable you, after you have undertaken a border run to cancel your original non-OA visa, to apply for a non-O conversion at Chaengwattana Immigration who have been reported on here as playing strictly by the rule book when it comes to non-O conversion applications.

IMHO any stay at a Bangkok hotel should also cover the period when you need to apply for your first annual extension of stay within the lifetime of your new non-O visa - which it would probably also be prudent to apply for at Chaengwattana. Thereafter you can return to Mae Sai and submit a fresh TM30 at the local office, to enable you to resume conducting immigration business (90-day reports, subsequent annual extensions of stay, etc) there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PETERHOF said:

They told me that I have to apply for a O visa "retirement" at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos

Your immigration office is out of line.

Putting that aside I suggest you obtain the non O marriage at Vientiane.

That requires an appointment.

Alternatively you can do likewise at Savannakhet. 

You can then obtain your 12 month extension seamlessly at your immigration office.

Your office is being crackpot but not much you can do.

Did you ask to speak with senior io?

Just to make sure some jr gave incorrect advice.