Siem Reap worth it?

bignok

26 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

So if you drive out to Phnom-whatever, how long do you spend at some dusty collection of free standing old columns and what do you do while you're there?

Me: 8-10 minutes, and read a few placards. 

30 to 60 minutes at a temple if good. So try to link a few up. Also link up a restaurant. A temple on a hill gives a view too. Coffee and ice cream. Fairly good experience. The scenary through Chaiyaphum and Loei looks good to me.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, NORDO said:

Hope it changed for the better

Yes it has - very much so! Much infrastructure redevelopement and modernisation since the shutdown due to Covid-19.

View of Siem Reap from "The Eye" and the riverside park with view of the Raffles Grand D'Angkor Hotel (yes a Raffles hotel!)

image.thumb.jpeg.ce9c40eafbcd2e2c2fb1e2d00a5c5192.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a24a0fe7cde6a61128428e0c87555b12.jpeg

• Like 2

One of my favorite mini trips. I hired a Tuk Tuk driver for a couple days to be at my beck and call. Lovely guy knew all the in's and out's of the temples and always knew a great bar or restaurant or shopping venue or any "extras" I was looking for.  I always invited him to eat with me and he was full of good info.  Waited patiently for me at my hotel and everywhere else we went.  I think I gave him about $20 a day worth every cent.

• Thumbs Up 1