Good Build Quality Moo Baan developers

Hey, so I'm planning on getting a Moo-baan

Budget is 50-100M THB.

My issue is having a look at Moo Baans around Bangkok, the quality is really sub par compared to US/UK houses.  

The ones I've looked at are supposed to be near the top end, but they've all been underwhelming and not worth the money IMO.  Such lazy design, copy and pasting from each other most of them, actually embarassing for the developers I think, it really tells they don't give a <deleted> and have no eye for quality and design.

Sansiri 3/10 - Narasiri 3/10 , Bugaan 4/10 - so bad, like embarrasingly so, sansiri are really riding the coattails of the brand, and delivery what I consider a pile of crap and marking up extortionatey IMO

L&H - NANTAWAN 3/10, poor (old) design, poor quality. Lack of facilities.

L&H- Vive 8/10, modern design, decent build quality, lack of facilities, very reasonably priced in comparison to all the other top ranges.

Penton Ari Suttisan 5/10 - Not worth the money, decent design, poor build quality.

Malton Gates 1/10 - One of the worst developments I've seen, such poor quality vs money asked for, awfully dated designs, poor internal space design (using what I call the  basic moo baan template), whoever is buying this is nuts.

Providence Lane 6/10 - Good design, decent quality, but size is an issue, wish they had bigger units.  

Park Heritage 6/10 - Good design, and decent quality again, good facilities (love the golf sim), but location down a tiny soi isn't quite what people paying close to 100M are looking for.  

Arna Rama 9 4/10 - very meh, quality isn't good, design is meh.

Marq Exquiste 7/10 - decent design lay out, quality was acceptable, but clubhouse and facilities too small, I was actually quite keen on it, but wife veto'd it due to drive way size.  

What is the obsession with Moo Baans and having high ceilings with a half floor?  All I see is a waste of space and extra work for the airconditioning units to cool the place.

I actually know someone who worked on a few resorts in Thailand brought in to manage the construction projects and he told me these days everyone is just cheaping out which is so sad.

Do you guys have any recommendations for developments or developers in Bangkok?

I'm thinking the The Collection Riverfront by Altitude potentially, but they haven't really started marketing for it, and I've never seen their other development projects, if anyone has anything to say about them let me know.  

• Like 1

Personally, I think location, location, location. I saw some great houses in crappy areas.

Try Perfect Place 77 - Perfect Masterpiece if you want to spend 50m.

https://www.pf.co.th/th/project/single-house/perfect-place/sukhumvit77-suvarnabhumi?utm_source=googlemap&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googlemap_house

https://www.pf.co.th/th/project/single-house/perfect-masterpiece/sukhumvit77

Estate is nice. Lived there for years.

Right next to Paseo, Robinsons, Homepro, Makro. 10 minutes from the Airport.

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrukenMallardy said:

How's the build quality of the buildings? Did it feel flimsy? or solidly built? Any issues with rain damage or sinkage?

There is an issue with sinkage in the gardens - not all but some.

The houses themselves are fine - no cracks etc

They obviously didn't compact the soil properly.

EDIT -The new gym and pool are ok but probably getting a bit busy as they are building more new houses. Not sure if they are constructing additional facilities. Has it's own 7-11 which is handy and half decent cheap restaurant on the estate.

EDIT 2 - Have a look at Prime Nature Ville - it's where the tennis player Paradorn used to own a house and Joey Boy lives up the back.

Not really a Moo Baan but there is the odd house for sale.

https://www.thailand-property.com/4-bedroom-house-for-sale-in-prime-nature-villa-racha-thewa-samut-prakan_7954384

Edited by RAZZELL

CBRE always have top end properties (with over-inflated prices to match!)

https://property.cbre.co.th/

https://property.cbre.co.th/buy-house-villa-project

No idea about these two:

https://property.cbre.co.th/sale/nirvana-collection-krungthep-kreetha-rsp0107

https://property.cbre.co.th/sale/issara-residence-rama-9

Edited by RAZZELL

My mate in the UK has just finished the electrical work on a 4 million pound barn conversion. He has described the electrical work installed and it blew me away. Every light, every curtain, every appliance is ethernet connected. Everything is operated by a phone  or on a timer.. Every room has mood lighting settings using different colours and intensities . Doors out to the outside all remote controlled. Underground parking. There is a lift from the garage to the the top floor. The owners do a lot of home entertaining so there are two industrial ovens, a walk in freezer, and walk in fridges. The reason I mentioned this, is what do multi millionaires think of so called villas in Thailand. You could not even get a reliable power supply to run a house like this in Thailand. There is a 40 million baht villa for sale in Phuket that does not even have a remote gate opener.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stratocaster said:

My mate in the UK has just finished the electrical work on a 4 million pound barn conversion. He has described the electrical work installed and it blew me away. Every light, every curtain, every appliance is ethernet connected. Everything is operated by a phone  or on a timer.. Every room has mood lighting settings using different colours and intensities . Doors out to the outside all remote controlled. Underground parking. There is a lift from the garage to the the top floor. The owners do a lot of home entertaining so there are two industrial ovens, a walk in freezer, and walk in fridges. The reason I mentioned this, is what do multi millionaires think of so called villas in Thailand. You could not even get a reliable power supply to run a house like this in Thailand. There is a 40 million baht villa for sale in Phuket that does not even have a remote gate opener.

Exactly, construction standards here are so far behind the UK and US

8 hours ago, stratocaster said:

When looking at houses for 50 million baht here, it's usually 10 million for the house itself, and 40 million for the land or something like that.

I think it's just impossible to get workers who would deliver a quality that we would consider a high level of craftsman ship in western countries. So even if you would have 100 million baht for the house build alone, you will never get a very high quality, because you won't find any workers who would be able to construct it here in Thailand.

Here's another irrelevant post. Just talked with a guy who was bitching and moaning that he has been trying for 2 years to sell his 22 million baht house in Thailand. He showed some pictures of the house. The interior doors are Global house fake wood. Some rooms have slatted glass windows. AC pipework is exposed along the walls. Rooms have individual ac's where for 22 million I would expect central air. And to cap it all most of the electrical wiring is stapled to the outside of the walls.

There once was a general rule of thumb for property development in the UK and that was figure the selling price of the house, then try to balance that price by 33% for land costs, 33% for construction cost and 33% for profit margin. Obviously that formula does not work in Thailand due to the land price being the dominant factor.

although in a lower budget range, we had the same issues with moo baans houses in bkk. The price quality ratio just doesn't seem to add up. It seems to me that you are paying a lot for just the image to live in an expensive moo baan, while the building costs of the house itself is kept to a minimum. we decided to buy land and build ourselves. we do want a gated community, so we ended up buying on a golf course. Somebody mentioned 'the prime nature' which we loved but it was out of our budget.