Stolen ambulance radio requested back; needed for life-saving communication

snoop1130

วิทยุกู้ภัย.jpg

Photo by Khaosod

Emergency responders from the Bangkok Medical Centre have reported the theft of a vital communication radio from an ambulance, urging the thief to return the equipment as it is crucial for saving lives. On May 21, Mahesak Kanrat, a 48 year old ambulance captain from the Bangkok Medical Centre, reported the theft to Pipatpong Puempoon, a sergeant major investigating the case. The stolen equipment is a Motorola communication radio, valued at US$800 and used to communicate with hospitals and police stations.

Mahesak explained that around 3am on May 21, after transporting a patient to the hospital and returning to the Erawan Centre, he parked the ambulance near Ram Inthra, close to a military golf course. Despite not locking the door, the vehicle keys were kept securely inside the centre, only for an unknown thief to steal the radio installed in the vehicle’s centre console.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/stolen-ambulance-radio-requested-back-needed-for-life-saving-communication

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

12 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Thailand will have lost something if it gets to the point where everyone feels they have to hide their valuables and lock everything away.

90% there already, the last 10% don't have anything to lock away.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Thailand will have lost something if it gets to the point where everyone feels they have to hide their valuables and lock everything away.

My wife used to lock things away when family came to visit, and one night when I was away a nephew entered the house and stole two phones and some cash, one from right beside my sleeping wife. That was dealt with the Thai way, no police involved but he was sent off to do time in the army. I'd earlier banned him from the house as he'd wander in, ignore everyone and take snacks. That was his revenge, I suppose.

And don't a large number of Thai houses have bars at the windows or decorative metal screens? A death trap for some, and I refused to have them when I bought our house. I have no intention of living behind bars. Have six dogs for security instead.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

but he was sent off to do time in the army.

so now he'll know how to use a gun and have access to weapons.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Have six dogs for security instead.

Only 5 dogs allowed per property in my local area.