Steps to setup a Thai limited company from registration to visa and work permit for a foreigner to regular accounting, audit, etc.

I am thinking about setting up my own small company.

I have some knowledge from talking to owners from small companies and recently I talked to a law firm, and I received an email from another law firm with some prices.

I wonder if there is a comprehensive step by step guide here or maybe in a book, etc.

I.e. when I talked to the first lawyer he said if I, as a foreigner, want to work in my company with Non-B visa and work permit, then the company needs to register for VAT. The 2nd law firm didn't mention VAT, at least until now.

The lawyer also told me it is easy to register a company without VAT in some residential buildings, but the same can't be done for VAT registered companies.

We also talked about that it is easier to first register a company Thai only, and then transfer some shares to a foreigner.

It seems to apply for visa and work permit for the foreigner the first social security payments for the Thai employees have to be completed.

There are obviously many steps.

What I like to see is a comprehensive list of all the things which have to be done and some estimate time frame.

The reason is mostly that I don't want that one company tells me we do x,y,z and this cost amount X. And then later they tell me we also have to do A,B,C which cost additionally amount Y.

Does anybody of you have an up do date list about all these little things? Thanks.

• Like 1