Drive-through car tax with car inspection certificate

Wiggy

Does anyone know if you can use the drive-through tax facility in years when the car needs inspection, i.e. when it's 6+ years old? Mine is coming up to it's first inspection this year and I'd rather use the drive-through than sit around waiting in the office.

Thanks in advance.

Once you've had the inspection done, you can do it through the online system and don't even need to go to the drive-through. As long as you have the inspection document, you can just present that for drive-through anyway though. 

11 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Once you've had the inspection done, you can do it through the online system and don't even need to go to the drive-through. As long as you have the inspection document, you can just present that for drive-through anyway though. 

Thank you. Is the online one you're referring to in the form of the the DLT app? 

3 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Thank you. Is the online one you're referring to in the form of the the DLT app? 

I haven't tried the app. I do it online here: https://eservice.dlt.go.th/esvapp/login.jsf 
It's only in Thai but if you need to get someone to help you register, it's very simple to use. The inspection and insurance information are all in the system so you don't need to use any documents.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I haven't tried the app. I do it online here: https://eservice.dlt.go.th/esvapp/login.jsf 
It's only in Thai but if you need to get someone to help you register, it's very simple to use. The inspection and insurance information are all in the system so you don't need to use any documents.

Thanks for the information. I might well give it a try. Cheers

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

What about the road disc and CTPL do they post it to you.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

What about the road disc and CTPL do they post it to you.

Yes, it's sent registered post. You can check the tracking code in the online system. It takes 3-4 days. If you own more than one vehicle, you can add them all to the same account once you've registered.  

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Yes, it's sent registered post. You can check the tracking code in the online system. It takes 3-4 days. If you own more than one vehicle, you can add them all to the same account once you've registered.  

I guess the on-line thing is OK for some, myself 1/2 kilo down the road the inspection place does everything and we collect disc etc from them the 3rd day.