Thailand’s cannabis farmers anxious over new coalition’s U-turn

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

don't think it will be so easy to get considering how ultra conservative doctors are here in thailand and they already made their positions clear about weed.

There are also a great many doctors who are concerned about the road toll but dont hesitate to give you a health cert for driving licence without even seeing you lol!  Money speaks the loudest in Thailand and will do for the cannabis crew (unless the alcohol lobby get busy with it)

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, seajae said:

if it is regulated and sold through licenced agents it is fine, it is all those trying to make a quick buck out of selling it illegally that cause the problems. I gave it away many years ago although I did use "cookies" to help me get off opoids after 20 years of taking them for pain, I would often help friends trim up their plants as I quite liked the smell of their variety, very fruity and used the trim to make the cookies. Adults are fine and as long as they dont drive after using(same as alcohol) & should be left alone, kids are a different matter as they are the ones the illegal growers aim for. Make it legal and regulate who can sell/buy it, currently there are a lot of stoners everywhere as no one is following the regulations and there are way too may growers trying to make fast money from it

"make a quick buck out of selling it illegally that cause the problems." which problem do they cause? I am not aware of the deads from the cannabis overdose.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

What people want, as indicated by their support for the Thai political parties who all agree, is to shut it down.

That is extreme authoritarian...but if you see it that way you are correct.....I thought we are over that as society.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Are edibles made from inferior quality cannabis any different please?

yep. but most importantly is how the cannabis is used to infuse the edible. most don't infuse properly and with the wrong methods. the old butter and weed method is not reliable at all and wont be able to give anything close to an accurate dose when compared to using extracts in the edible.

also the quality of cannabis used either to infuse or to make the extract is vital. 

s in s out is as simple as i can put it. 

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

yep. but most importantly is how the cannabis is used to infuse the edible. most don't infuse properly and with the wrong methods. the old butter and weed method is not reliable at all and wont be able to give anything close to an accurate dose when compared to using extracts in the edible.

also the quality of cannabis used either to infuse or to make the extract is vital. 

s in s out is as simple as i can put it. 

Correct me if I am wrong.....no experience only what I got told, I got told when eating it works much slower so if the dose is wrong you recognize it too late (ate too much/too little of it).

Different than smoking where you can adjust fast.

• Love It 1

The farmers can go back to what they were growing before, I would be more concerned if I had spent a load of money opening a weed shop on a long term lease, already there is a glut of them, not many alternatives to convert to selling another product if the law is changed.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

The farmers can go back to what they were growing before, I would be more concerned if I had spent a load of money opening a weed shop, already there is a glut of them, not many alternatives to convert to selling another product if the law is changed.

Many farmers have heavily invested in indoor growing.

21 minutes ago, h90 said:

Correct me if I am wrong.....no experience only what I got told, I got told when eating it works much slower so if the dose is wrong you recognize it too late (ate too much/too little of it).

Different than smoking where you can adjust fast.

edibles can take anywhere from say 30 to 45 min to a few hours to kick in. a dose too high and you'll know it. 

• Like 1