Any recommendations for a security camera installer in Pattaya?

3STTW

26 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I used Prime Asia 5 years ago and was very happy with their work.  The profiles they fitted in my house were Deceuninck - glass sourced locally............................

Thanks. I will carefully consider all that. The Security Door that i had installed in my Condo in Switzerland would not have been easy to open - regardless of the method. In any case longer than any occasional burgler would invest. But it was crazy expensive for being only a standard size door. In the house we have now a representative "Gate" to secure.

True - your solution with the steel bars looks awful but it is for sure very effective, and for a modest 20KTHB a steal. The locks itself need as well special attention. In a standard (even security) lock they might use a method like pulling a cork out of a wine bottle, only everything with a steeper screw thread and with a machine. They just pull out the lock cylinder that way regardless of any bolts. But not in the Security Door I mentioned above ! It had a mechanism to prevent even that. But I doubt this can be found here. There are a lot of tools to open a lock (a "Spider" being the easiest one for real old key technology). Maybe I really install an ugly steel grid like the one you showed in the picture. At least this is quite safe then and from the outside it still looks beautiful !

• 2 weeks later...

@sometimewoodworker and @KhaoYai Does anybody have by chance the telephone No. of Prime Asia ? I mailed them two times for a ball-park figure quotation and received no answer to-date.

I then tried to access their website. My security systems strongly discourage me from doing so.

I really would like to get an idea about the cost involved for security glass for all my windows. If Prime Asia is not the right partner then maybe there are others (sigh - maybe not).

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

@sometimewoodworker and @KhaoYai Does anybody have by chance the telephone No. of Prime Asia ? I mailed them two times for a ball-park figure quotation and received no answer to-date.

I then tried to access their website. My security systems strongly discourage me from doing so.

I really would like to get an idea about the cost involved for security glass for all my windows. If Prime Asia is not the right partner then maybe there are others (sigh - maybe not).

Will this do

IMG_5528.thumb.jpeg.30132b7f55aabb58b76c00234a93ac31.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Will this do

IMG_5528.thumb.jpeg.30132b7f55aabb58b76c00234a93ac31.jpeg

More than enough. Thanks. I hope it does not cost an arm and a leg, because this is would be really a good contribution to the overall safety. Working now on many levels to make us feel good once we should leave our home for a while. The house becomes nicer and nicer but as well more expensive. Have left the original sales price range already quite a bit.

3 hours ago, moogradod said:

I hope it does not cost an arm and a leg

Maybe a couple of legs IMG_5536.thumb.jpeg.fe25aac1609051c9a5578f55875a6c7a.jpegIMG_5535.jpeg.03150cf18091368b0059e28518f976d0.jpeg

but as the saying goes you get what you pay for, or conversely you don’t get what you don’t pay for.

I certainly could tell you the price we paid but as we have about 50 glazing units in around 23 openings, the largest being 2000 mm  x 2200 mm the smallest being 500 mm x 1300 mm, several are L shaped, several are 1400mm x 3300mm and 4 of them are remotely powered, the price would be unlikely to be of any significant relevance. AFIR the fitting was about 27k with the team travelling from Bangkok and staying in a local resort/motel 

the thread showing the install is https://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71599#p71599 the windows start on page 16 Fri Aug 03, 2016

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

More than enough. Thanks. I hope it does not cost an arm and a leg, because this is would be really a good contribution to the overall safety. Working now on many levels to make us feel good once we should leave our home for a while. The house becomes nicer and nicer but as well more expensive. Have left the original sales price range already quite a bit.

Another. Prime Asia: 06 451 69978

08:00 to 17:00

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Maybe a couple of legs IMG_5536.thumb.jpeg.fe25aac1609051c9a5578f55875a6c7a.jpegIMG_5535.jpeg.03150cf18091368b0059e28518f976d0.jpeg

but as the saying goes you get what you pay for, or conversely you don’t get what you don’t pay for.

I certainly could tell you the price we paid but as we have about 50 glazing units in around 23 openings, the largest being 2000 mm  x 2200 mm the smallest being 500 mm x 1300 mm, several are L shaped, several are 1400mm x 3300mm and 4 of them are remotely powered, the price would be unlikely to be of any significant relevance. AFIR the fitting was about 27k with the team travelling from Bangkok and staying in a local resort/motel 

the thread showing the install is https://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71599#p71599 the windows start on page 16 Fri Aug 03, 2016

27K is an amount we must not even think about. But I fear ten or twenty or 30 fold cost or more.This is a complicated glass, customized as well and even if the windows are not as big as I originally thought it is quite some surface. And part of it is imported (another word for "expensive"), like the frames. The team may lodge in any 4-5 star hotel in Pattaya. I would propose the Avani - when we came for holiday in the past this was the best we had ever tried. And they have an acceptable to good breakfast buffet.

But so far they seem not even interested. My wife will call them tomorrow  in Thai first and if it gets down to the details I will take over.

Thanks for all this help from everybody. Hope I can make it.

To give slightly more (but equally unhelpful information) the area glazed is about 57 square meters and the total for 

Site Inspection / Laser Measurement , Transportation , Accommodation

misc. Cost and Installation 

was about 130k the 27k was a figure I incorrectly remembered 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

22 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

To give slightly more (but equally unhelpful information) the area glazed is about 57 square meters and the total for 

Site Inspection / Laser Measurement , Transportation , Accommodation

misc. Cost and Installation 

was about 130k the 27k was a figure I incorrectly remembered 

Thank you. This is not unhelpful. So the material must be the big portion of the cost. I just fear it is more than a Million overall - but I would as well be prepared for that but if it approaches 1.5 - 2 Million .....

53 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you. This is not unhelpful. So the material must be the big portion of the cost. I just fear it is more than a Million overall - but I would as well be prepared for that but if it approaches 1.5 - 2 Million .....

Your lower number was possibly slightly high.

But as I said the design is unique and unlikely to be relevant to your situation, if you have registered on the site I linked and viewed the building thread you will see exactly why

Edited by sometimewoodworker