Transferring Monthly Car Payments (Documents required?)

As it means him basically getting a loan from Krungsri they will want all the usual checks and guarantees for that.  If you intend to remain in contact with him it might be better/easier to have him pay you the monthly payments, or even better just a one-off and do the transfer once your loan is paid off.

3 hours ago, troubletribbles said:

I'm selling my car to a coworker (we are both foreigners.) It still has a year of payments to Krungsri. 

Sorry if it's a stupid question: you are in possession of the car registration book ("blue book") and you are the registered owner?

(I am really not familiar with the procedures of financing a car)

3 hours ago, troubletribbles said:

It still has a year of payments to Krungsri. 

You will have to clear the loan first, then you will get an N.O.C to sell the car from Krungsri Bank.

I have done this previously, so thats my experience.

YMMV

51 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question: you are in possession of the car registration book ("blue book") and you are the registered owner?

(I am really not familiar with the procedures of financing a car)

The bank is the owner and has the blue book, OP is effectively renting the car from the bank.

4 hours ago, troubletribbles said:

Howdy,

I'm selling my car to a coworker (we are both foreigners.) It still has a year of payments to Krungsri. 
Anyone know what documents we will need to present in order to transfer payments to him?

Thanks!

Probably your passports, and a certificate of residence for your coworker, if you also pay the loan off at the same time.

If your coworker plans to continue financing it, then he will probably also require proof of employment, show that he has income etc.

• Thumbs Up 1