Journalist arrested for demanding millions in bribe to drop charges in Thailand

There’s been another bribery scandal in Thailand. A journalist has been arrested in Thailand for allegedly using her connections with a senior police officer to demand 14 million baht from a Chinese suspect in return for having charges against her dropped. National deputy police chief Surachate Hakparn revealed the arrest on Saturday, stating that Guo Rui, also known as Gegee, exploited her working relationship with the police to demand bribes.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/journalist-arrested-for-demanding-330k-bribe-to-drop-charges-in-thailand-2

Rcj0XaGC?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Chinese / Thai corruption who's the #1  the bribe split may have not been what they expected thus spill out the beans

50 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

A bag woman for the Police......

regards worgeordie

The inference, from reading the story, is that the “senior policeman” is Big Jok…

2 hours ago, NextG said:

The inference, from reading the story, is that the “senior policeman” is Big Jok…

I don't think so , he was the one that arrested her , if you read the story.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

I could not see the inference that Big Joke is the Policeman involved in the corruption ,

only that he knows her from work ,as many others will too I suspect, 

regards Worgeordie

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I could not see the inference that Big Joke is the Policeman involved in the corruption ,

regards Worgeordie

You seriously need to learn to read and comprehend, to include what I have written. Your mind seems instead to jump to conclusions. 
I simply wrote with regard to the article and it’s inference. I did not assert that he was actually involved. He might be or he might not be; I am only discussing the inference of the article. 
Try reading again in order to understand. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

A quote from the Thaiger:  "Big Joke pledged to take legal action against anyone using his name to demand bribes."

She seems to have done extortion using his name and he is not amused!

At least you are better at comprehension ☺️

38 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

I believe the reporter was using his name as her "high up contact" that could get the charges dropped when she was asking for the bribe from the Chinese person. Not quite sure if something got lost in translation

• Like 1