Bangkok couple on motorcycle fall into canal and die, leaving 10-month-old orphaned

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo by Khaosod.

A tragic accident claimed the lives of a young married couple who fell into a canal while riding their motorcycle in Bangkok, leaving their 10-month old baby orphaned. Police are investigating the incident, checking CCTV footage to determine the cause of the accident.

The incident occurred near Vibhavadi Rangsit Road in the Ratchada area of Din Daeng district. A grey Honda Wave 125i motorcycle was found in the canal, along with the bodies of the husband and wife – 21 year old Natthapong, and 18 year old Monikan. Natthapong, who was driving the motorcycle at the time, was wearing a navy blue shirt and black shorts, while Monikan was dressed in a pink long-sleeved pyjama set.

According to Natthapong’s mother, Wilailak, the couple lived in Soi Satsana in the Phaya Thai district with their 10-month old child. Before the accident, the couple had left their baby in the care of relatives, saying they had errands to run and would return later. However, the sad news of their demise was later delivered to the family by authorities.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/couple-on-motorbike-drown-in-canal-leaving-10-month-old-orphaned

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

by Nattapong Westwood

• Sad 5

Just yesterday my wife pointed this out when she saw several motorcyclists  with a child in front of the fuel tank, and asked me "is this normal?"

What can you answer? it's everyday, people don't think about it.

13 minutes ago, Tubulat said:

my wife pointed this out when she saw several motorcyclists with a child in front of the fuel tank,

Is this relevant to someone who rode into a klong, whilst carrying a passenger.????Most motorcycles are designed for two people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

was wearing a navy blue shirt and black shorts, while ......... was dressed in a pink long-sleeved pyjama set.

What on earth has this got to do with the tragic accident? If reporting such irrelevent information, how about including their footwear - colour, flip flops or trainers etc.!!

RIP young parents. 

• Like 1