Upholstery odour neutraliser - Any recommendations?

Our old truck has cloth seats, these have acquired a certain "aroma" due to transporting an older family member who suffers from incontinence.  Not the old girl's fault and I didn't know about her issues until after the event ???? 

OK, putting it bluntly, the rear seat squab stinks of pee ???? 

Any recommendations for an upholstery odour neutraliser? I see many on Lazada intended for pet or "biological" odours, are these going to be of help?

Had a similar issue years ago - incontinent dog.  Tried off the shelf products to no avail as I believe the odour remained in the seat padding.  Rented a carpet cleaner and that solved the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issanman said:

This stuff:

Yeah, that was my first thought, but for some reason it didn't show in my initial search of Lazada.

Of course, now I see 80 odd hits! Definitely not in the "cheap" bracket, but still cheaper than a replacement seat.

• Like 1

How hard is it to pull the seat? 

I would pull it, flip it upside-down and hose it out.

Flip it back and scrub the fabric with detergent and water and hose it off again. 

Let it drain out and dry in the sun. 

7 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

If it's soaked into the foam of your seat a steam cleaner would work better

How true I don't know. I came across this:

'Avoid using steam cleaners to clean urine odors from carpet or upholstery. The heat will permanently set the stain and the odor by bonding the protein into any man-made fibers. Avoid cleaning chemicals such as ammonia or vinegar.'

I remember from many moons ago that a carpet cleaning firm I used wouldn't use hot water, only lukewarm. They also cleaned the sofa with a dry foam of some sort. 

In used vehicle preparation we use an enzymatic cleaner to remove urine smells, followed up with an ozone generator.

HG International (a Dutch chemical company) distribute in Thailand and they make a suitable cleaner. Check out Lazada.  Failing that then a clean with a biological washing liquid detergent would help. Remove the seats from the car to clean thoroughly.  A car valeting shop might be a good option - they would have done this before...

On 5/29/2023 at 8:18 AM, Crossy said:

Yeah, that was my first thought, but for some reason it didn't show in my initial search of Lazada.

Of course, now I see 80 odd hits! Definitely not in the "cheap" bracket, but still cheaper than a replacement seat.

There is no need for a replacement seat, you could have it recovered. My wife had the drivers seat on a Nissan pickup done, think it was 900 baht. Did it while we waited and you could choose the fabric.

It is a fairly common practice so I am sure if you shop around you could find somewhere.

15 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

In used vehicle preparation we use an enzymatic cleaner to remove urine smells, followed up with an ozone generator.

HG International (a Dutch chemical company) distribute in Thailand and they make a suitable cleaner. Check out Lazada.  Failing that then a clean with a biological washing liquid detergent would help. Remove the seats from the car to clean thoroughly.  A car valeting shop might be a good option - they would have done this before...

Do you have an actual product name I can search for please?

The Febreze pet odour eliminator seems to have done the trick but a backup plan is always handy ???? 

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There is no need for a replacement seat, you could have it recovered. My wife had the drivers seat on a Nissan pickup done, think it was 900 baht. Did it while we waited and you could choose the fabric.

It is a fairly common practice so I am sure if you shop around you could find somewhere.

What vehicle is it ??

He could be able to find a replacement seat for 1-2000 baht or less....  looking at that option is a guarantee of no remnant odour... 

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Do you have an actual product name I can search for please?

The Febreze pet odour eliminator seems to have done the trick but a backup plan is always handy ???? 

I don't have a product name but I know HG make one and HG are usually pretty good. I've seen HG products in Thailand.

Search Lazada for 'HG urine' or 'HG odor' and something should come up. 

5 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't have a product name but I know HG make one and HG are usually pretty good. I've seen HG products in Thailand.

Search Lazada for 'HG urine' or 'HG odor' and something should come up. 

Bingo!

Give the man a prize!

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What vehicle is it ??

He could be able to find a replacement seat for 1-2000 baht or less....  looking at that option is a guarantee of no remnant odour... 

It's a 2004 Ford Ranger, 4-door, 4x4.