60 day extension

Hello all,

I'm currently visa exempt. In chiangmai. I'm wondering can I get a 60 day marriage straight off the bat, or, do I need to get a 30 day extension first to then get 60 day. 

Are there any limits to getting this time restrictions etc..?

The goal is to get 1 year extension.

I have 400k seasoned. A wife, and a headache.

So I'm ready to go

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You would be applying at the ChiangMai Imm Office for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage > so if you still have 21 days left on your VisaExempt Permit to stay (as rquired by ChiangMai Immigration), and you meet the requirements it would be your best option to apply asap.  It looks like you do meet the requirements, as you wrote that you can show 400K on your personal Thai bank-account at moment of application.

So no need to apply for 'intermediary' extensions in your case, when you can do the application with at least 21 days left on your Permit to stay.

In case you don't have sufficient days left on your VisaExempt Permit to stay, you could then apply for the 30-days extension (1.900 THB) based on that VisaExempt entry, and once you got that 30-day extension - which will be added to your current Permit to stay expiry date - you could then apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (marriage).

Note: It is always better if you can avoid it, to not use the 60-days extension of stay for reason of visiting your family, and keep that one as a Joker up your sleeve as you can always use that 60-days extension when needed even if you are already on the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (marriage) or the 1-year extension of that Visa.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am doing the same thing, I entered on 45 days, 28th March  UK Male, Married for 11 years, Thai bank account 400k plus.

I am being dealt with by Yasothon immigration,  a very helpful  team there was informed, by them that.

1. towards end of 45 day entry apply 30 day extension, which I have done.

2 apply for 60 day extension, on day of expiry of 30 day, or as near to that date, if falls on weekend, holiday, which for me is next Saturday so will apply next Friday for 60 day extension. As the 60 day will start the day you apply so I will lose one day  unlike the initial 30 day which you can get before and will run from day your initial stay expires. 

3. two weeks prior to end of 60 day extension then apply for 90 day Non O visa, and then can hopefully do extension of stay based on marriage.

was told to bring original marriage cert and KOR 2 all of which I have, and also the standard passport wife ID ect.

please note I am registered TM30 with immigration when I arrived. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave8237 said:

I am doing the same thing, I entered on 45 days, 28th March  UK Male, Married for 11 years, Thai bank account 400k plus.

I am being dealt with by Yasothon immigration,  a very helpful  team there was informed, by them that.

1. towards end of 45 day entry apply 30 day extension, which I have done.

2 apply for 60 day extension, on day of expiry of 30 day, or as near to that date, if falls on weekend, holiday, which for me is next Saturday so will apply next Friday for 60 day extension. As the 60 day will start the day you apply so I will lose one day  unlike the initial 30 day which you can get before and will run from day your initial stay expires. 

3. two weeks prior to end of 60 day extension then apply for 90 day Non O visa, and then can hopefully do extension of stay based on marriage.

was told to bring original marriage cert and KOR 2 all of which I have, and also the standard passport wife ID ect.

please note I am registered TM30 with immigration when I arrived.

There is NO need to apply for 'intermediary' extensions > see my earlier post above yours. 

You can apply straight for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (marriage), when having entered Visa Exempt (or on a Tourist Visa) when you have at least 15 days left on your Permit to stay (some Imm Offices require 21 or even 23 days, so enquire at your local Imm Office) and when you meet the financial requirements (400K on your personal Thai bank-account at moment of application).

In case you  do not have sufficient days left on your current permit to stay for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (marriage) application, you could apply for a 30-day extension (1900,- THB).  There is definitely no need to 'waste' your right for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife, as you can always use that option later when needed even if already on a Non Imm O Visa (marriage) or extension of such Visa.

Edited by Red Phoenix