Renewing 17 year olds Thai Passport in Thailand

Hi

Our 17 year old daughter needs to renew her out of date Thai passport.

Her mum and I are divorced and have a divorce certificate issued in Thailand including a ‘Kor Ror 6’which states that her mum has custody etc.

The 3 of us will be going together to obtain the passport in Surat Thani or Nakhon Si Thammarat

I have read that a certificate of parental power is required (Por.Kor 14)

Is this correct,or is the divorce certificate with the KorRor 6 sufficient?

Thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 2:30 PM, Kenny Boy said:

Our 17 year old daughter needs to renew her out of date Thai passport

I cannot advise but since you did not get one reply ...just pumping your thread. 

Thinking for a renewal it should be very simple. 

BTW: my Thai partner just did this for herself and the turnaround was 2 days. Unbelievable.

Think you may have had more advice in "Thai Visa Forum.." 

@BritTim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I cannot advise but since you did not get one reply ...just pumping your thread. 

Thinking for a renewal it should be very simple. 

BTW: my Thai partner just did this for herself and the turnaround was 2 days. Unbelievable.

Think you may have had more advice in "Thai Visa Forum.." 

@BritTim

If both parents are going to be there, and it is a renewal, there might be some documents to sign, but I cannot believe there will be any real issue.

• Like 1

At 17 then both parents need to be there, and as that will be the case, then it is a very easy process. You as the foreign father may need to sign one paper, but that's it.

So all that's required is your daughters passport(have her ID card handy), her mothers ID card and your passport.  Also at that age she will only get a 5 year passport, even though Thai's are now eligible for 10 year passports now.

Actually the Thai passport Agency is one of the most streamlined. 

PS:  You will have the choice of picking the passport up personally, or having it posted to your home address by EMS (usually within 5 days).

PPS: I doubt they will ask about divorce, custody, but wouldn't hurt to have those docs with you anyway.

Good luck

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

If both parents are going to be there, and it is a renewal, there might be some documents to sign, but I cannot believe there will be any real issue.

I agree, I recently got a renewal of my daughter's passport(and mine, to get the new 10 year one) and my wife was there but I can't remember her signing anything. 

17 y/o can only get 5 years. 

Could your wife just go alone with your daughter?

14 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Actually the Thai passport Agency is one of the most streamlined. 

Most certainly when compared to its British counterpart (His Majesty's Passport Office), as most Brits who have had to endure the agonies of renewing their passports from Thailand (myself included) will probably readily attest to!

Edited by OJAS

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all you replies.

Went with the ex wife to Surat Thani and successfully done the passport application.

They required my daughters ID card,her expired passport,her name in a copy of Tabian Baan,my ex wife’s name in a Tabien Baan, ex wife’s ID card and my passport.

No form filling.

Despite Pattaya passport office advising me I would need divorce 

Certificate and her birth certificate ,these were not asked for.

Pattaya office made no mention of Tabian Baan requirements, so it was lucky I took copies just in case !

Thanks again