Police officer wreaks havoc on roadside after wife attends friend's birthday party, damaging car with a hammer

webfact

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt a Thai insurance company would refuse a claim from a Thai policeman, no matter what the cause of the damage.

Indeed....  contrary to the ‘West’ the insurance companies in Thailand are extremely ‘forgiving’... 

I know of guys who have been involved in accidents, drunk, insurance covered costs. I know of guys who didn't renew then had a crash 4 months later, insurance paid out (after they’d paid their renal premium - yes, 4 months late !!)... 

BUT....   Insurance should not be paying out, it drives up the premiums for ‘honest / careful’ individuals. 

There was an article in the Bangkok Post a number of years back which suggested that the ’forgiving nature’ of the insurance companies here actually ‘enables’ the accident rate as there is no strong financial penalty for people who break laws, drive recklessly, while drunk etc...

3 hours ago, Goat said:

Nonsense.

You just made all that up. 

Watch the link on the news.

He handed himself in.

He has been charged.

He has lost his job.

He is in custody.

Stop imagining stuff. 

Lots of farangs like playing the Thais never face justice card.

• Haha 1

Just another bad apple within the ranks of the sorry and hapless RTP. They bring shame to the nation, on a daily basis. These guys are above the law. Any and all laws, and unfortunately they know it, and some of them behave accordingly. Any efforts to bring them in line, always seem to go nowhere. Some of the big mouths talk, talk, and talk. And what happens? It just goes away.

53538e13975de31565046d0031d821c1.jpg

surachate.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Thai Vs Thai lots of justice (but not as we know it).

Thai Vs Foreigner (not much justice for the foreigner).

Just look at the other story foreigner stabbed in leg by Thai gf, foreigner investigated.

Just my opinion, I try to avoid all conflicts .........

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Nonsense.

You just made all that up. 

Watch the link on the news.

He handed himself in.

He has been charged.

He has lost his job.

He is in custody.

Stop imagining stuff. 

So i invented this story and planted it on social media. I made nothing up, reading isn't your strong suit. All that happen way after the fact. 

My point exactly is, he turned himself in. They didn't go arrest him and had he not turned himself in they weren't even considering charges as it was " a domestic conflict" . 

Edited by Dan O
Spelling

44 minutes ago, bignok said:

It happens more often than not when your in govt, imm, police, wealthy, ect.... 

Stories hit the social media circuit and some action is taken but the stories evaporate after the next story comes along. Transfering to inactive posts still with pay and many times years go by before it makes it to court. It's not playing a card when it's the truth. I guess you haven't been here long enough or ignore the news

The one thing I will say is in most ordinary thais' turn themselves in and confess, (unless your in a special group) that generally will get you off 1/2 and sentence if you get one and firminir crap throw in a Wai and money and walk away. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dan O said:

So i invented this story and planted it on social media. I made nothing up, reading isn't your strong suit. All that happen way after the fact. 

My point exactly is, he turned himself in. They didn't go arrest him and had he not turned himself in they weren't even considering charges as it was " a domestic conflict" . 

No you have it wrong.

You have been misled. Try some other news sources.

29 minutes ago, Goat said:

No you have it wrong.

You have been misled. Try some other news sources.

I don't need your advice. I read a variety of news sources and I have nothing wrong. Perhaps you should worry about yourself and not me. 

21 hours ago, bignok said:

Dumbed down over simplification of what happens... No one has said Thai’s do not face justice.

People have often commented a ‘500 baht fine and wai’  suggesting the ‘justice’ that a Thai faces is often insignificant and utterly ineffective as a preventative measure, meanwhile in many cases when foreigners are caught doing ‘wrong’ the response / penalty is often disproportionate in comparison with that which a Thai would face. 

On the flip side of that, I’ve driven and ridden through so many police check points (in Bangkok) and the BiB are just not interested in me... So the experience is certainly ‘swings and roundabouts’...   But when Westerner does do something wrong in Thailand it seems the ‘outrage’ is greater and the ‘charges’ seem higher than we read of when a Thai commits similar ‘wrongs’...  

• Like 1