Unbelievable Encounter! Gigantic Centipede Crawls on House Wall

webfact

image.jpeg

A viral video clip with 6 million views captures an enormous centipede climbing on a house wall. The owner of the clip reveals that they have never seen such a big centipede before.

The online world is buzzing with the sharing of a video clip from a TikTok user named @paphatsanat. The clip shows a massive centipede climbing on the wall of a house, and it's quiet hair-raising to watch, reported Sanook.

The owner of the clip states, "I've never seen a centipede this big and long before."

image.png

In the clip, the mentioned centipede, which is both large and remarkably long, can be seen climbing on the house wall. Its appearance is quite terrifying, as the centipede's normal size is usually no larger than a human finger. However, this one is so big and long that it looks frightening.

After the aforementioned post was shared, it quickly turned into a viral clip, accumulating over 6 million views.

Many viewers have also commented, expressing their astonishment at encountering such a huge centipede for the first time.

Top picture: Picture: Sanook

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-06-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

@paphatsanat #สัตว์แปลก ♬ Creepy and simple horror background music(1070744) - howlingindicator

I'm so scared i don't know where to hide.    Geez; i encounter these beasts often in my garden almost weekly and just let them go on their way unlike some Thai Neighbours who spend several minutes smashing the life out of them every time they see one !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something looks really fake about this video. I could believe the length (although I have never seen such a long centipede), but it simply has too many leg pairs.

That said, if it was a centipede, I would keep a large distance to it. They can be surprisingly fast runners, can be aggressive and their bite is extremely painful, even more so than most of the scorpions in Thailand. Normally they sit in shoes, as might scorpions, so always shake them out before putting your feet into them.

And careful when they seem dead: centipedes can show movement of legs and mandibles a very long time after "death".  On my last visit to Isaan, one cut into several pieces in the morning showed still independent leg movement even in the parts completely separated from the head around midday time. Not even the chicken would touch it.

The Mombasa Trains are millipedes by the way and really harmless; similar ones can also be found in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Darn...I would die on the spot. Had a large water monitor in the garden the other day!

This is why I never go in my garden lest I meet any Thai wildlife of the Genus Creepie-Crawlie.

Darn...I would die on the spot. Had a large water monitor in the garden the other day!

but the water monitors are harmless......we have some street dog...most silly thing alive but when he sees a snake he can kill it no matter if it has poison or not.

8 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

Something looks really fake about this video. I could believe the length (although I have never seen such a long centipede), but it simply has too many leg pairs.

That said, if it was a centipede, I would keep a large distance to it. They can be surprisingly fast runners, can be aggressive and their bite is extremely painful, even more so than most of the scorpions in Thailand. Normally they sit in shoes, as might scorpions, so always shake them out before putting your feet into them.

And careful when they seem dead: centipedes can show movement of legs and mandibles a very long time after "death".  On my last visit to Isaan, one cut into several pieces in the morning showed still independent leg movement even in the parts completely separated from the head around midday time. Not even the chicken would touch it.

The Mombasa Trains are millipedes by the way and really harmless; similar ones can also be found in Thailand.

The huge one I saw was wider but shorter...less legs. But possible there are different kind of centipedes? Like there are different snakes...different breed of centipedes

1 minute ago, h90 said:

but the water monitors are harmless......we have some street dog...most silly thing alive but when he sees a snake he can kill it no matter if it has poison or not.

Well not sure about that, I believe such reptile bites can be highly risky of infections. It seemed very strong and fast moving.... two guys catching it had quite a struggle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well not sure about that, I believe such reptile bites can be highly risky of infections. It seemed very strong and fast moving.... two guys catching it had quite a struggle. 

Yep, monitor lizard bites carry a high degree of risk due because they are actually venomous. Their 'big brother" the Komodo Dragon is the world's largest venomous animal.

I know a couple of people here whose dogs have died a couple of days after altercations with monitors. The local strays leave them alone for a reason.

https://pestpolicy.com/are-monitor-lizards-poisonous/

I have seen medium size in the park here, they run away when they see me....I must look very ugly if even the lizards run away. But than there are the real huge one. The Thais mostly don't like them. But you can step over them. When they are across the way, my leg is between their front and back legs when I step over them. They just ignore that.

Did that in total maybe 3-4 times.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 12:09 AM, dddave said:

Last week I was riding my motorbike down "Soi Pothole" (Soi Chaiyaphum) in Pattaya. As I got to the 3rd rd end, some Thai guys started signaling me to slow down, pointing to something in the road ahead of me.  There was a large centipede, maybe about 18" long slithering across the road and they did not want me to hit it. It was the largest I had ever seen.  I did avoid it as I wanted nothing whatsoever to do with such a critter.

I was walking along a road and saw one starting to crawl across it, so got my cell phone out and started a video.   Within a minute I captured it being run over.   

20 hours ago, huangnon said:

The local strays leave them alone for a reason.

Well a pack of them got one up a coconut tree behind my house some years back.... they seemed incensed by it, and were far from leaving it alone. If these lizards kill stary dogs, I would expect them to be more popular!