The health effects of marijuana

Stopped smoking ( it ) a long time ago ... Now , I have my daily tea . That keeps me mentally ( and physically ) healthy and more happy . I can enjoy life better like this . Not care about what " they " say or think ...

It is a " consciousness enlarging " thing , that helps you to realize what really is important for you ...

• Love It 1

12 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

I have never heard of anyone getting deathly sick or dying from smoking the herb marijuana, and I have been smoking it for over fifty years.

Mental health and competence is what is at greatest risk.

Any chance of getting an impartial opinion of yours?

Not much use asking you to give an assessment of it.......for obvious reasons.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Observational studies of French males indicate the possibility of embarrassing situations if weed and wine are used to excess. It is recommended that prior to use, individuals wear  both a belt and suspenders/braces.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Mental health and competence is what is at greatest risk.

Any chance of getting an impartial opinion of yours?

Not much use asking you to give an assessment of it.......for obvious reasons.

9901-winking-face.png.464c41cb18d32f0705be74a572d99460.png

not much chance of an unbiased assessment from you or anybody else either thanks to "reefer madness" etc 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

not much chance of an unbiased assessment from you or anybody else either thanks to "reefer madness" etc 

Reefer madness was produced in '36 and was largely a joke by the time most anyone still alive might seen it. 

Is it your opinion that people that only use it are able to provide an "unbiased assessment"? That's hilarious.

I used for about fifteen years and have been clean over thirty so I think I have a pretty good idea what it's about. 

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

What about car accidents? You say you drive better under influence? Or smokers of a more senior age are too responsible to do such a thing?

Sample from Florida report:

Results, published in the Journal of Nursing Scholarship , show that 386 people died as a result of cannabis use; of these, 258 cases were caused by synthetic cannabis. Nearly 65 percent of these cases involved synthetic cannabis as the only drug involved.

Findings showed that nearly 28 percent of deaths caused by cannabis and synthetic cannabis were in those ages 45 to 54, compared to 9 percent in those ages 8 to 24. This finding suggests a change in the age demographic in the context of mortality considering the attributable health conditions such as cardiovascular heart diseases.

65 percent involved a drug not cannabis. 

you cannot link cannabis vs synthetic cannabis. i am pretty sure the synthetic cannabis is quite dangerous and has all kinds of non cannabis chemicals in it. 

i could be wrong but i bet it can be equated to street mdma vs lab made medical grade mdma. the synthetic cannabis in these cases is probably very very dirty stuff. 

so they are really comparing apples to oranges in a sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

65 percent involved a drug not cannabis. 

you cannot link cannabis vs synthetic cannabis. i am pretty sure the synthetic cannabis is quite dangerous and has all kinds of non cannabis chemicals in it. 

i could be wrong but i bet it can be equated to street mdma vs lab made medical grade mdma. the synthetic cannabis in these cases is probably very very dirty stuff. 

so they are really comparing apples to oranges in a sense. 

Not being a weed smoker I had no idea there was a difference.

So this stuff they sell in shops in Pattaya Phuket etc is what they call "synthetic" it's not real natural marijuana?

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Yes it is my opinion that those with no personal experience are absolutely unable to provide any sort of unbiased assessment.  What is their "unbiased assessment" based on other than agenda driven 3rd party "reports"   

That not what I asked though, is it? 

Could you imagine "wine tasting" where the tasters don't actually personally taste the wine?  but give there opinions based on what others have told them ?? 

Are you high now? 

I have never used "Mescaline" or "Angel Dust"   I cannot possibly give an assessment of those drugs unbiased or otherwise, but  all I could do, if I was that way inclined, would be to repeat what I  have read "on the net"  hardly an unbiased assessment.  

I have used both. 

The "Reefer Madness" film  was never produced as a "joke" but its entire narrative is indeed laughable. The comedy effect, however, can only be appreciated by those who have actually used cannabis,   non users, by description, have no way of knowing that it was a hideous work of fiction and as such their judgement is somewhat tainted. 

I never said it was produced as a joke, please try to follow along. 

It was endorsed by the government at the time  and forms the very foundation of a vocal minority of  society's aversion to cannabis use,  My reference to "reefer madness" was not only directed at that film but at the ensuing hysteria it started, and the ridiculous anti cannabis propaganda that followed, both of which continues today 

Much of the anti-cannabis "propaganda" proved true. 

The fact that you consider yourself now "clean" , which is a term generally used to describe an addict recovering from addiction to heroin or other addictive substances, is to me quite hilarious and suggests to me that you never actually smoked it at all. 

Actually, like most every heroin addict, I started with weed. 

I would not care much about it if we did not live in a welfare state where the productive have to support the unproductive.  

Carry on. 

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Not being a weed smoker I had no idea there was a difference.

So this stuff they sell in shops in Pattaya Phuket etc is what they call "synthetic" it's not real natural marijuana?

its not real. please stay away from that. 

Some posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Is it your opinion that people that only use it are able to provide an "unbiased assessment"? That's hilarious.

As you can see above that is exactly what you asked and my reply was,,,,

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Yes it is my opinion that those with no personal experience are absolutely unable to provide any sort of unbiased assessment. 

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That not what I asked though, is it? 

So what do you think you asked ?

Non of the anti-cannabis propaganda has proved true at all. 

Men don't die for it and women don't cry for it, I won't mention the disgusting  racist implications that were also used during the initial calls for prohibition, but needless to say, any  right minded person is fully aware that it was a work of fiction, as indeed  is all the rest

What has happened is the original reefer madness propaganda has been used to form the basis for this particular battle in  "the war on drugs"  Statistics and research has all been manipulated to promote the resulting narrative

Looks to me like you are "victim" looking for something to blame for your addiction to Heroin, the blame lies solely with you, trying to blame it on weed is nothing short of fantasy.

Millions of people enjoy cannabis and never move on to anything "stronger" The "gateway effect" has been proved to be a myth, have you never wondered why it was only ever applied to cannabis and not to alcohol ? 

On your own admission you have used mescaline and Angel dust, and more than likely several other substances, you just need to accept the fact that you are predisposed to indulge in psychoactive drugs , in other words  "A druggie"  nothing wrong with that, and no need to blame it on anything, Just accept its part of your DNA . No point in trying to blame cannabis, and after all it wasn't the 1st thing that ever passed your lips was it, 

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I would not care much about it if we did not live in a welfare state where the productive have to support the unproductive.  

not much support for the unproductive here in Thailand  I have never heard it called a welfare state before      are you sure you are "clean"

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Looks to me like you are "victim" looking for something to blame for your addiction to Heroin

To be fair, AA members are exactly the same about alcohol.

And I've noticed the most rabid anti-tobacco crowd are often reformed smokers.

Back to the OP, health effects ........

Smoking 0.5gm every night for the past 2 years has left me pain free in my arthritic finger joints, and even reduced the swelling to nothing. Amazing really!

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, Hugh Jarse said:

Apart from the respiratory ailments, chronic paranoia, psychosis and skitsophrenia are apparant in habitual users ..

More rubbish, how many habitual users do you know ? 

I know plenty, and have never encountered any suffering from the above. Although I will concede that heavy smoking could lead to respiratory problems 

With regards to the other ailments you and others never fail to mention   How about a bit of lateral thinking for a change ? Is it a possibility that certain people in general  are susceptible to those conditions ? Well of course it is , as not  every inmate of the asylum is an ex cannabis user.  Most people who smoke don't end up there, The  paranoid, the psychotic  and the  schizophrenics could quite possibly  and in all probability have been heading that way regardless of whether they used cannabis or not  Very difficult, if not impossible, to prove one way or the other regardless of what you have read "on the internet" or on mainstream media

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

As you can see above that is exactly what you asked and my reply was,,,,

So what do you think you asked ?

Non of the anti-cannabis propaganda has proved true at all. 

Men don't die for it and women don't cry for it, I won't mention the disgusting  racist implications that were also used during the initial calls for prohibition, but needless to say, any  right minded person is fully aware that it was a work of fiction, as indeed  is all the rest

What has happened is the original reefer madness propaganda has been used to form the basis for this particular battle in  "the war on drugs"  Statistics and research has all been manipulated to promote the resulting narrative

Looks to me like you are "victim" looking for something to blame for your addiction to Heroin, the blame lies solely with you, trying to blame it on weed is nothing short of fantasy.

Millions of people enjoy cannabis and never move on to anything "stronger" The "gateway effect" has been proved to be a myth, have you never wondered why it was only ever applied to cannabis and not to alcohol ? 

On your own admission you have used mescaline and Angel dust, and more than likely several other substances, you just need to accept the fact that you are predisposed to indulge in psychoactive drugs , in other words  "A druggie"  nothing wrong with that, and no need to blame it on anything, Just accept its part of your DNA . No point in trying to blame cannabis, and after all it wasn't the 1st thing that ever passed your lips was it, 

not much support for the unproductive here in Thailand  I have never heard it called a welfare state before      are you sure you are "clean"

Not surprisingly, reading comprehension is not your strong suit, huh?