Pattaya Beach vendors petition city to reverse parking ban impacting business

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya Beach vendors have united in requesting the city of Pattaya to revoke a parking ban imposed on the beachside of Pattaya Beach in early March. The vendors, led by Wirawit Charoenrit Taweechok, claim that the ban has significantly impacted their businesses. They recently met with Pattaya Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai to discuss their concerns and issues with the order.

Wirawit highlighted that the city’s promises to provide alternative parking, parking garages, and shuttles to the beach have not materialised. Consequently, the city effectively banned parking without offering reasonable alternatives. He also pointed out that projects to expand the beach road and create parking areas, similar to Jomtien Beach, have been progressing slowly and will not be completed for a considerable amount of time.

Deputy Mayor Nongyai acknowledged the vendors’ concerns and agreed that the parking ban had not been an ideal solution. 

by Top

Photo via Facebook (PR Pattaya)

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-beach-vendors-petition-city-to-reverse-parking-ban-impacting-business

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Mayor Nongyai acknowledged the vendors’ concerns and agreed that the parking ban had not been an ideal solution. 

Time for another flip-flop.

'he tried telling me to go park elsewhere, as if he owned the damned  road.' 

SOP here; I've had scratches down my car; nail in my tire; verbal abuse for daring to park on public roads.  There are Youtube videos of the vet opposite Tops on Kao Noi who gets apoplectic if you park in front of his premises.

• Thumbs Up 1

This would block an entire traffic lane and create additional hazard for people trying to cross the road. This all for the beach vendors and it is a not even guaranteed that the people parking there will be their customers...

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Do these vendors appreciate the difficulty of getting into town in a car these days...? I don't feel too sympathetic towards the ones who rent deck chairs, I parked on the Beach Rd (when it was allowed) to go to a dentist appointment, when the guy saw I wasn't going to use the beach, he tried telling me to go park elsewhere, as if he owned the damned  road. 

they do own the road. all over thailand i see people marking out there area like a dog peeing over a car tire. placing permeant obstacles in the way for what are otherwise normal parking places.....but in front of their house or business is a big no no to them. 

its mine !

Has anyone here been to the beach in daylight hours in the last few years?

People are in VERY VERY short supply....

The beach chair guys are not making Jack for money..

They have many things working against them..

The ocean was moved far from the chairs,.... The beach walkway is horrible now.....Its just to hot to go there now, very few people hangging on the beach, Its low season...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The ocean was moved far from the chairs,.... The beach walkway is horrible now.....Its just to hot to go there now, very few people hangging on the beach, Its low season...

Well you initially mentioned the last few years..... during Covid people were being kicked off the beach. In the last few months....I agree, just too hot to enjoy sitting there with a cold one. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:45 AM, redwood1 said:

Has anyone here been to the beach in daylight hours in the last few years?

People are in VERY VERY short supply....

The beach chair guys are not making Jack for money..

They have many things working against them..

Yes many things working against them: Like the cities deliberate destruction of what was a nice draw for tourism along the beach. For making a wasteland that benefited contractors/kickbacks. And of course for some behind this glorified road, the beach was made very inhospitable to foreigners rendezvousing with the local women. 

At least they are not being told to close down every Wednesday. 

When/if the Chinese return en masse the Thais will stop coming to Pattaya and go to Baeng Saen instead, like they did pre-Covid. Then, there will be nowhere for all the coaches to park.

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

This is just above walking st. Now this area is an utter ****show  Screenshot_2022-10-10-06-50-25-15.thumb.jpg.45bcbd9f7f20d8fb2df8695c6ca88c51.jpg

The whole beach walkway thing is beyond sad and depressing....

The old beach was a tropical garden that was transformed into a parking lot....

They seem to be making it worse and worse all the time.....I cant even imagine whats planned for the next beach downgrade.......