Current situation with the Thai embassy in Phnom Phen? Change from Non-B to tourist and later again to Non-B?

A couple of years ago I applied in the Thai embassy in Phnom Phen for a Non-B visa.

At that time, I had to submit the documents in the morning. And then I could pick up the passport with visa two days later in the afternoon.

I.e. apply Monday morning, receive passport Wednesday afternoon.

Now my employment ends and I want to apply for a tourist visa for two months. And then, in about two months, I want to go there again to apply for a new Non-B visa with new documentation from a new company.

I have the following questions:

a) Is it still the same that we have to apply one day in the morning and two days later in the afternoon it should be ready? Is that the same processing time for business and tourist visas?

b) Are there any complications to apply for a tourist visa after having a business visa for many years? If they ask, should I tell them already that I will apply again for the Non-B visa after maybe two months when I have the new documentation?

c) I read on the embassy website in Cambodia that I need "Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (i.e. air ticket receipt paid in full)". I guess that means one return ticked from BKK to PNH to BKK is not good enough, because I have no ticket to leave Thailand after my tourist visa expires.

I guess for that reason I have to buy already a second ticket BKK to PNH to BKK for two months in the future to cover that requirement. Correct? 

d) There is a field permanent address on the application form. My permanent address is my condominium in Bangkok which I own. But at the same time, I apply for a tourist visa to visit Thailand. All this might be a little confusing for the person at the embassy counter. I don't want to argue with them about all these details. Any advice?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This is the situation from the Thai Embassy Phnom Penh from today.

According to the officer it is only possible to apply for a tourist visa one time.

When the same person returns in 2 or 3 months then the person can apply for another visa, i.e. Non-B but won't be allowed to apply again for a tourist visa.

1673808516_EmbassyInfo.thumb.jpg.f91d6327df44a2746697d73346bbb61c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

According to the officer it is only possible to apply for a tourist visa one time.

You were probably just told "one tourist visa". However, did they happen to clarify whether this was one tourist visa from them or a tourist visa from anywhere visible in your passport?

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You were probably just told "one tourist visa". However, did they happen to clarify whether this was one tourist visa from them or a tourist visa from anywhere visible in your passport?

I didn't ask and don't care. Sorry for no better information.

This is important for anybody who wants to apply for a tourist visa in Phnom Penh (and maybe other places). In the Thai embassy over there they insist that the person who wants a visa has a ticket booked to leave Thailand with 60 days after arrival. "Excuses" like the visa will be extended don't count. You must show the ticket to leave Thailand. Otherwise no visa!

And to make things more interesting, they tell that to the visa applicant when he/she wants to pick up the passport with visa after waiting for 3 days.

So better make sure you have a ticket to leave Thailand again, otherwise no visa! 

P.S.: I had the ticket, and I got my visa. But I saw a couple of unhappy people who didn't get their visa.