Growth under my nose.

So, I have had a small growth under my nose, adjacent to the left nostril, for many years.

Recently it appears larger and more inflamed, the problem being shaving.

I wet shave but steer clear of the growth as I have nicked it a couple of times, so i usually wet shave near then finish with an electric razor, but this also seems to add to the irritation.

More recently i have started plucking the hairs around it and on it ( hairs grow through it also ) but this sometimes draws a little blood ( see photo ), not sure if that’s due to me mistaking some dry skin for a grey hair .

IMG_0777.thumb.png.60ff1aec98562d96aba09c79996384a0.png

It doesn’t hurt, except when i irritate it with the electric razor, but is unsightly and i wish it gone.

Any thoughts on what it is and if it can be treated or removed ?,  i would appreciate any suggestions .

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, am in Ayutthaya but within easy reach of Bangkok.

It looks like a Hemangioma of sorts...  and they are most commonly benign growths / vascular tumors (blood vessels cells growing where they shouldn't).

Of course, go and see a Dermatologist and ask them to run biopsy just to be sure, but I doubt they'll be worried. 

The Dr will either prescribe a topical solution to reduce the Hemangioma or cut it off directly using a cauterising knife....  ultimately that depends upon how quickly you want 'it gone'. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Hard to tell from a picture but does not look at all like a hemangioma to me - they are usually bright red in color.

Looks just like the one I had on my leg....   which was actually a 'Pyogenic Granuloma'...  It turned red after about a week.

Of course, as you mention, only a Dermatologist and biopsy will provide answers. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1