Two women killed as motorbike swerves to avoid truck and is crushed by trailer

webfact

image.jpeg

Two women were tragically killed when their motorcycle collided with a trailer after swerving to avoid a pick-up truck making a U-turn on a road in Sadao district of Thailand’s Songkhla province. The victims, believed to be Myanmar migrant workers who were 25 to 30 years old, were run over by the trailer.

Late in the night, officers from Sadao Police Station rushed to the scene on Kanjanawanich Road near Santivarakun Temple to investigate the fatal accident. Upon arrival, they found a Yamaha R15 motorbike on the road with two female victims nearby. The women had suffered severe injuries after being crushed by the trailer carrying a container.

Their identities are yet to be confirmed, as no documents were found on them, and the deceased’s mobile phones contained information in Burmese. The driver of the trailer, a 40 year old man withholding his surname, said he was unable to avoid hitting the women after they fell from their motorcycle while dodging the pick-up truck.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Tuug Hhggh Facebook

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/two-women-killed-as-motorbike-swerves-to-avoid-truck-and-is-crushed-by-trailer

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

Again, something in this story doesn't make sense, unless the picture above is illustration that is a heavy duty bike 400cc and up, hardly the bike type that Myanmar migrant girls would ride.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

truck doing a U turn !!!!!!!  ah 

Its litteraly in the OP...  Pickup doing the uturn... motorcyclists swerved into the truck when avoiding the pickup. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

collided with a trailer after swerving to avoid a pick-up truck making a U-turn

45 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Again, something in this story doesn't make sense, unless the picture above is illustration that is a heavy duty bike 400cc and up, hardly the bike type that Myanmar migrant girls would ride.

R15 is 150cc or on this bike it's 155cc

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Sure looks like a Yamaha R15 150cc to me. My wife's nephew has one and I've had a couple of rides on it myself. Granted an unusual bike for the women to be riding, but why shouldn't a Burmese lady be a biking enthusiast? 

Edited by Moonlover

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its litteraly in the OP...  Pickup doing the uturn... motorcyclists swerved into the truck when avoiding the pickup. 

If the pick-up was doing a huey, then it should have been in the right hand lane. A motorcycle should have been over to the left.

A pick up truck with a Trailer carrying a Container???????

I do wish the Thai press would make their minds up when describing vehicles Trucks, pick-ups, Lorries it never ends, in another story today a lorry overturned loaded with corn, it was NOT a lorry, it was a UTEtility vehicle. Trying to decipher these reports gives me a headache. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

A pick up truck with a Trailer carrying a Container???????

I do wish the Thai press would make their minds up when describing vehicles Trucks, pick-ups, Lorries it never ends, in another story today a lorry overturned loaded with corn, it was NOT a lorry, it was a UTEtility vehicle. Trying to decipher these reports gives me a headache. :post-4641-1156694572:

Nice rant.

Two separate vehicles.

Your signature seems apt.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ninja racers are treated like a personal 007 movie scene. It’s an idiot magnet. Death is a common outcome and riders wear three thongs and a tee shirt. Learn from others poor judgment. 

• Confused 1