Nurse scams lovestruck man out of 100,000 baht, taunts him to sue for refunds

webfact

image.jpeg

A heartbroken man from Sisaket in northeastern Thailand warned others to be vigilant after falling prey to a deceptive nurse he met on an online dating app. Despite his genuine love and financial support, he was duped, losing over 100,000 baht (US$2,888).

Yesterday, Sek, a storekeeper, shared his heart-wrenching experience. In late October 2022, he met a nurse through a dating app, hoping for a fresh start after divorcing his wife of over seven years. Initially, the nurse, who had a good profile and a private hospital job, asked for help to pay an instalment on her condo in Bangkok, worth 15,000 baht. Trusting her, Sek agreed and transferred the money.

Later, she asked for additional financial assistance of 100,000 baht for her online business and installing the Internet at her home. Sek, believing in their sincere relationship, provided the requested funds.

by Nattapong Westwood

Top Picture courtesy of Khaosod

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/nurse-scams-lovestruck-man-out-of-10000-taunts-him-to-sue-for-refunds

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Later, she asked for additional financial assistance of 100,000 baht for her online business and installing the Internet at her home. Sek, believing in their sincere relationship, provided the requested funds.

Can I borrow....

Nurse.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 11:25 AM, hotchilli said:

I don't blame the police, as I don't in Thailand for failing in their duty.

Drugs will always be available if one wants to chase them.

My point was what started as a "safe recreational" smoke tuned into something far sinister for him.

And that same fate will be waiting for some Thai youths who think it's cool to smoke cannabis.

Did’nt. see anything about drugs.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Initially, the nurse, who had a good profile and a private hospital job, asked for help to pay an instalment on her condo in Bangkok

So a person with good job cannot pay her bills? Sorry Noi my car is not working.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, webfact said:

Nurse scams lovestruck man out of 100,000 baht, taunts him to sue for refunds 

I reckon there would be a few lovestruck AN members who'd like to sue some of their ex girlfriends 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1