What happens if a farang husband abandons his Thai wife. How does the Thai wife gets a divorce?

One of my ex sugar baby was married to a farang in an amphur but her husband has deserted her a year ago. Now she found another farang (not me). How can she get a proper divorce to marry another person without the husband's cooperation. Husband's whereabouts unknown. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 2

Chat GPT answer

"In Thailand, a Thai wife can seek a divorce if her farang husband abandons her and refuses to provide care and support. The process usually involves filing for divorce at the local district office or the Family Court. The wife needs to provide evidence of abandonment as well as a valid reason for seeking a divorce. If the husband is not present in Thailand and cannot be located, the court may order an announcement or publication to be made in a local newspaper in an attempt to notify him of the divorce proceedings. The wife may also need to gather additional evidence to support her claims, such as witnesses or other documentation. Once the court grants the divorce, the wife may be entitled to property or financial support from the husband, depending on the specific circumstances of the case. "

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

"In Thailand, a Thai wife can seek a divorce if her farang husband abandons her and refuses to provide care and support. The process usually involves filing for divorce at the local district office or the Family Court. The wife needs to provide evidence of abandonment as well as a valid reason for seeking a divorce. If the husband is not present in Thailand and cannot be located, the court may order an announcement or publication to be made in a local newspaper in an attempt to notify him of the divorce proceedings. The wife may also need to gather additional evidence to support her claims, such as witnesses or other documentation. Once the court grants the divorce, the wife may be entitled to property or financial support from the husband, depending on the specific circumstances of the case. "

Bottom line is it is very drawn out process and she already summarized the process in two words, "no easy".

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Bottom line is it is very drawn out process and she already summarized the process in two words, "no easy".

Not as easy as saying a couple oh hail Marys, saying spraying a bit of holly water and saying  " I cast thy  out demon"

But what I posted in my previous post   sounded like a pretty straight forward process.

Make an application, prove that he is not around. make an attempt to warn him about the impending divorce proceedings in a Thai newspaper , a typicality because the farang does not even know the newspaper exists and even if he did, he could not read it.  

How much easier do you want it?  Open the window and shout "I AM NO LONGER MARRIED"?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

As per her, he deserted because he was no able to provide financial support. 

Maybe the problem is her and "her need" for financial support. Also needing to marry again to get that "needed financial support" .  Sounds like she's just bouncing around looking for the golden goose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Chat GPT answer

I don't understand what is so sad or confusing. 

image.png.8c6f9f6e6b03a3c8c56522cbb236a0c8.png

I asked chat GPT the question asked in the OP. GPT scoured the internet and provided the above answer . I did not pretend that it was my answer and gave proper credit. 

Personally I thought it was a good answer and inline with the process in most countries .IMO it was neither sad nor confusing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1