Lan Pho Park, Naklua

TaaSaparot

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i went to Naklua seafood market today, the park isn't open yet, no seats visible but there is room if they wanted to. Where do people go now if they buy seafood and it's cooked on BBQ there? back to the beach maybe?

Why would there be a need for seating?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I will say the ongoing destruction of Pattayas parks has very little to do with low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls....

The first destroyed park was the park at Bali-Hi... That park was turned into a parking garage.....There were no low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there...

Lam pho seafood market had no low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there...

Jomtien Beach had few to very few low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there...

That streach of road between Jomtien Beach and Pratumnak hill had very few to no low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there...

All these places got whacked with almost no low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there...

Only Pattaya beach had low-lifes, ladyboys, or working girls hanging out there in big numbers.......And they are still there, just fewer in numbers than before....

So after $$$$$$$$$ has been spent whacking all these places the only thing that has been accomplished is the contractors got rich and all the people were left with awful sterile beach fronts and awful parks...

They killed the charm and traded it in for lots and lots of concrete  and palm trees....

"the people" -  what people would that be?

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what view you want to take, it is a case of live with it or look elswhere. 

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I was surprised how few people were using it. Lots of empty spaces. Monday night on long weekend. Traffic chaos in Naklua Rd.  The policeman even tried to hurry me along as I paid for my songtaew. The park and market seemed not so busy. 

20230731_173502.jpg

On 7/31/2023 at 5:58 PM, Screaming said:

Interesting post as I just went to the fish market today. The new parking garage is very tight. I had trouble getting my full sized sedan in a parking slot. But the traffic heading into the market has subsided due to the new lot. Although I like the new lot convenience, I would give up that convenience for the park. Thailand just does not have enough open spaces with trees and plants. It is a crime what they did to the Beach Road waking trail.

I do not drive but the traffic still seemed chaotic. 

• Like 1

The parking garage and the park  were dead again today though was around 4pm and maybe people were doing school pick ups. Alot of cars still seemed to be going to the back carpark. I guess Thais dont like change much. Several guards were sitting around looking at their phones. I also noticed they have put in a card system for payments. Wonder if that will increase patronage. Nice view from the rooftop but it is not a rooftop garden as promised and just more car park spaces. 

21 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

The parking garage and the park  were dead again today though was around 4pm and maybe people were doing school pick ups. Alot of cars still seemed to be going to the back carpark. I guess Thais dont like change much. Several guards were sitting around looking at their phones. I also noticed they have put in a card system for payments. Wonder if that will increase patronage. Nice view from the rooftop but it is not a rooftop garden as promised and just more car park spaces. 

The destructon of the lovely park there was the main purpose of the parking garage... 

So it does not matter if a single person ever uses the parking garage.....They could care less...

The parking garages main  mission has already been accomplished.........

No problem if the $$$$ parking garage sits there mostly un-used...

Edited by redwood1