Applying for Thai Elite: enter "early" on a SETV?

Hi friends, 

I recently applied for a Thai Elite, and was told the current backlog is 2-3 months. I'm planning to enter the country, via air, 2 months from now - and the TE might very well not be finished by then. However, I do live in a country where the electronic SETV applications are done - somewhat hassle free - in 2-3 days at the reasonable fee of $70. So, to cut to the chase: will entering on a SETV now, or next month, hinder my TE application? I guess not, but I just wanted to see if you guys heard anything about this. 

Entering with a tourist visa or (if eligible) visa exempt will have no impact on your Thailand Elite membership application. Indeed, if you are in Thailand on a tourist entry, the Easy Access visa can be placed in your passport at Chaengwattana immigration.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Entering with a tourist visa or (if eligible) visa exempt will have no impact on your Thailand Elite membership application. Indeed, if you are in Thailand on a tourist entry, the Easy Access visa can be placed in your passport at Chaengwattana immigration.

Yes correct. I did it. You don't even have to Que at CW. A TE member will meet you and do everything.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Yes correct. I did it. You don't even have to Que at CW. A TE member will meet you and do everything.

Same here. Obviously it's much more convenient to just get the visa sticker upon arrival at BKK but it's not much of a hassle to get it done at CW either if you're staying in Bangkok or nearby.

• Like 1