Did you cross the Mal/Th border recently at Padang Besar ? Or came in Th by landing in Hat Yai ?

Hello,

Following my previous post about landing to Chiang Mai rather than Bangkok to avoid eventual problem with immigration, here is the same one about crossing the border by land at Padang Besar.

Why Padang Besar ? Well, right now I'm in Korea and there are very cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur. Furthermore, I didn't stay in Malaysia since December 2021 so I could stay few weeks before to go to Thailand.

So again: I came in Thailand on December 2021 and thanks to the Covid extension, I stayed 9 months.

Then, I left Thailand in October 2022.

When I came back four months later - without visa, visa extension was still 45 days - immigration at Suvarnabhumi saw I stayed nine months and make me problems. At the end, they let me in but they checked if I had a departure ticket - I had - and a rental address in Bangkok - I had too.

Do you've recent experience or report about crossing the border by land at Padang Besar ? (I did it many times by the past and if I'm correct the two times train to Hat Yai has resumed ?)

Also, do you've recent experience or report about immigration at Hat Yai international airport ? 

Thank you!