Etihad airlines

BenStark

Anyone who recently flew with Etihad airlines and want to share his experience?

I plan to fly to Europe in a couple of months from now, and expected to fly with Emirates, but when I look at the booking sites i notice Etihad is 5000 baht cheaper for the same dates.

On top of that they allow 40 kg luggage, where Emirates has only 25 kg allowance. I don't really need the excessive kg's, but you never know, and 25 kg is reached quickly.

So you will say that is a no brainer, but if the comfort and service is much less on Etihad, then I gladly select Emirates of course.

Flew to Heathrow from Bangkok with my son recently for a two week holiday to see family and friends. I had some initial problems when using the E – check in service. The website would not take my sons details and after ringing the Etihad helpline they found it to be a problem with the booking service I had used and they sorted it.

I really have no complaints. All was good. Im a tall bas***d and worried about leg room in economy. But it was quite spacious. In flight entertainment was good – I watched “The whale” and the “Elvis” movies. Food was – well – airline food. But it wasn’t too bad. I also asked for a good few drinks and was given, no problem.

All in all, it was a good first flight for my son. He had a fantastic time. I would cheerfully use them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Most Airlines offer 40kg or 40kg plus for business tickets

with Etihad it depends on the fare type and where you are flying from and to 

BKK-LHR for example economy class fare class sale it is 20KG and 30KG for value class fare class Choice gives you 35KG

https://www.etihad.com/en/fly-etihad/baggage

I select cheapest economy class (classic), and Bangkok > Brussels has 40 Kg checked luggage included

image.png.9af6612d9952456e0f8e1da5798f1d54.png

But that is besides the point of my thread, which was to compare comfort and service with Emirates

9 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Flew to Heathrow from Bangkok with my son recently for a two week holiday to see family and friends. I had some initial problems when using the E – check in service. The website would not take my sons details and after ringing the Etihad helpline they found it to be a problem with the booking service I had used and they sorted it.

I really have no complaints. All was good. Im a tall bas***d and worried about leg room in economy. But it was quite spacious. In flight entertainment was good – I watched “The whale” and the “Elvis” movies. Food was – well – airline food. But it wasn’t too bad. I also asked for a good few drinks and was given, no problem.

All in all, it was a good first flight for my son. He had a fantastic time. I would cheerfully use them again.

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

Can I ask which booking service you used?

20 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

Can I ask which booking service you used?

Booking.com - I think they gave incorrect details (date of birth) to the airline so i couldnt check in initially online. 

etihad help line sorted it. I arrived early at the airport just in case of problems and got bumped to an earlier flight. They were very helpful.

• Thanks 1

Comfort compared to what? All cattle class, premium economy and business is pretty much the same with these airlines. They often run promotions at different times of year which is why etihad might be cheaper right now. 

If you are flying economy i would book the cheaper flight. It will be the same uncomfortable flight whatever you choose.

9 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I select cheapest economy class (classic), and Bangkok > Brussels has 40 Kg checked luggage included

image.png.9af6612d9952456e0f8e1da5798f1d54.png

But that is besides the point of my thread, which was to compare comfort and service with Emirates

Here is the Baggage allowance for economy class Bkk to Brussels  according to Etihad Airways own website

Cabin baggage is 7KG max 

without being a member  you can only get 35kg in   economy class on fare type choice or choice plus if you are a silver card member you get an extra 10KG which choice or choice plus

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here is the Baggage allowance for economy class Bkk to Brussels  according to Etihad Airways own website

Cabin baggage is 7KG max 

without being a member  you can only get 35kg in   economy class on fare type choice or choice plus if you are a silver card member you get an extra 10KG which choice or choice plus

And here is the booking taken directly from the Etihad website.

image.png.93f59d284bd318b405a27b6267cfca47.pngimage.png.0f6dd565c6d61f8f40f366ed68f80b56.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:21 AM, BenStark said:

And here is the booking taken directly from the Etihad website.

image.png.93f59d284bd318b405a27b6267cfca47.pngimage.png.0f6dd565c6d61f8f40f366ed68f80b56.png

Looks like you booked direct with Etihad. When you checked in (assuming you've already travelled), were you asked to show the credit or debit card used to make the booking?