Best place in Hua Hin to buy a new motorbike?

rudi49jr

What’s the best place in Hua Hin to buy a new motorbike? And by ‘motorbike’ I mean one of those 100 or 125 cc semi automatics, like a Honda Wave or a Yamaha Finn or something like that. Are there any special offers to be had out there?

Edited by rudi49jr

When I bought my little Suzuki I checked the official Suzuki website.

It seems some shops are only dealers, others also have an authorized service center and maybe spare parts sale.

I would look for a shop which not only sells the bike but is capable of doing service, repair, etc.

• Like 1

Irrespective of the town, I would imagine that the safest place would be an official Honda or Yamaha dealer - I certainly wouldn't buy one online.

Do your research, decide which one you want and check the list price on the manufacturer website (and/or any prtomotions) and then go and visit a dealer (or dealers if there is more than one in town) for a chat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, London Lowf said:
24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would look for a shop which not only sells the bike but is capable of doing service, repair, etc.

23 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Good point, although I've never seen a dealer without a workshop attached.

True but you'll find that the smaller dealers will only cover routine servicing. The main dealers will have more comprehensive maintenance facilities. Have said that these modern bikes seem to be bomb prove, so you're not likely to need more than the usual oil and air filters changes and a bit of oil on the chain.

4 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Check and compare prices in HH with Bangkok and other provinces as I have seen some of the most popular being Thb 2-5000 above in HH compared, for example with Bangkok in price. 

Felt

Mind you, if you find one in Bangkok for B5000 less, you still have to go to Bangkok to buy it, and then ride it back to Hua Hin!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Mind you, if you find one in Bangkok for B5000 less, you still have to go to Bangkok to buy it, and then ride it back to Hua Hin!

Well worth it and and if for no other reason than the principle. No reason that a motorbike shall cost more her than example Phuket! Just pure greed. And I have actually seen a higher price difference than 5K and that from one of the main dealers on the most popular brand in Thailand.

Felt

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

And I have actually seen a higher price difference than 5K and that from one of the main dealers on the most popular brand in Thailand.

I've been into two official Honda dealers on Phuket this week that have an ADV150 "Captain America" in stock - first dealer B110,000, second dealer B120,000.