Good Quality Protein?

BBJ

Any recommendations for a good quality protein.  Whey or whey isolate.  I was using fitwhey for a while but noticed there protein grams have reduced.  29, 27 and now 26g I think.   One I have now after being sold it is 80% soy despite asking before paying.  

I am not looking for bulk.  

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered.  Tried in the search but my phone is possessed and does other things 

Edited by BBJ

Protein, especially Whey Isolate has gone through the roof in prices.

In Oz, where i get mine & bring it in, currently with discounts. promo codes etc, average per kilo is about 800 baht ($35) for WPI (unflavoured - 90g protein per 100g)

Seem (and has always been the case since I can remember) prices in Thailand have always been more expensive.

5 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Protein, especially Whey Isolate has gone through the roof in prices.

In Oz, where i get mine & bring it in, currently with discounts. promo codes etc, average per kilo is about 800 baht ($35) for WPI (unflavoured - 90g protein per 100g)

Seem (and has always been the case since I can remember) prices in Thailand have always been more expensive.

My last order of Ultimate nutrition Pro star whey isolate was 1435 baht after discounts for 2.39 kg (5.28 lb)

And I just got confirmation from the manufacturer, after I had sent him details pictures, that it is a genuine product.

On 6/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

I only eat protein that isn't ultra processed food made in a factory.

Fish #1.

Tofu #2

Egg Whites #3

Any questions? ????

I eat all those.  Still need extra protein.   Also don't drink from plastic.  Filter my own water.  Don't eat GMO and ear organic when I can.  But that's not what I asked.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BBJ said:

Thanks.  But usually plant based products are usually ultra processed.

Maybe. But any powdered extract is going to be heavily processed, surely, even your whey powder. I'm not sure what defines processed, and what processes are acceptable. Cooking, drying, refrigerating, freezing, heating, roasting. It's possible all processes alter the chemical make up, or other characteristics, of food.

Could always try just 'eating' more protein in your food intake, damn tasty also.  Some of my favorite sources, just happen to have higher contents of:

Protein foods:
  • lean meats – beef, pork
  • poultry – chicken & eggs
  • fish and seafood – fish, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels,  scallops
  • dairy products – milk, yoghurt (especially Greek yoghurt), cheese (especially cottage cheese)
Edited by KhunLA

Egg white powder

So is egg white protein better than whey? The answer is yes. Egg white protein is dairy-free, contains fewer calories than whey protein, and doesn't lead to spikes in blood sugar

Make your own research and learn about the benefits of egg whites instead of protein powder either from eggs itself or diery

Benefits of Egg Whites

Protein helps your body build strong muscles and maintain muscle mass as you age. Heart-healthy. While egg yolks are fine in moderation, if you are already at risk for heart disease or stroke, your doctor may recommend a heart-healthy diet. With no cholesterol, egg whites are a great addition

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Egg white powder

So is egg white protein better than whey? The answer is yes. Egg white protein is dairy-free, contains fewer calories than whey protein, and doesn't lead to spikes in blood sugar

Why p!ss about with nature.

Just eat the eggs as mother nature intended!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2024 at 12:53 PM, miss_evelin said:

One of the best sources of complete protein is eggs. All of the necessary amino acids that your body need are present in eggs.

Once again thanks for the input but I am well aware of quality food which is my main source.  I cook for myself.  Eggs, fish, Chicken and a ton of veg and some complex carbs.

I was asking about powder as it is a good tool for pre workout and in between longer meal gaps.  I am not looking to replace what I already rely on.

I have what I need.

I will stick to the motorcycle section I think!

Screenshot_2024-03-07-13-14-58-65_4b14b257287ac0a6d1fd5fbb2487716f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1