After years of insane noise from Tree Town it got more quiet. What happened?

Mickeymaus

It is amazing. Tree Town terrorized its neighbors with extreme noise for very many years. And when I say extreme noise, I mean extreme noise. Endless complaints to the police and city hall and even long lists of signatures have changed nothing at all.

But now the miracle. It's been a lot quieter for a while now. I don't know how long it will last and many residents and hotels in the area are hoping it will last for a very, very long time.

Does anyone know why Tree Town finally got quieter? The new mayor? The new police chief? Anything else? Since I never visit a bar there I don't know. Perhaps here are bar lovers or even owners that know more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

bars are closing, some moved already, some going to New made in Thailand plus it's low season

No, the bars are still there. And even in the loudest bars, the volume was turned down. And it's a big difference from before. There must be another reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

bars are closing, some moved already, some going to New made in Thailand plus it's low season

New MIT?  Haven’t been down that Soi in quite some time - what’s going on there?  Still slated for development on the lower half, or did that fall through? ????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

When I went there it was like each bar had to crank up the music or be drowned out by the music in the bar next door.  

Maybe they finally figured out customers don't like this battle of the bands loudness. It was so horrible to me I never went back

I don't expect them to think rationally. In my experience, the fewer customers they have, the more noise they make. The highlight are the balloon parties, where there is often so much noise with very large loudspeakers that not many customers can sit there. You have to be deaf...

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

the volume was turned down.

Electricity is expensive.  100 watt amp stereos are ridiculously overpowered a bar. The City should have regulated size of stereo amperage decades ago.  Annoying and will damage your ears

Musicians, like guitarists only use 20 watt amps in a normal size bar.  Plenty loud

Edited by Skallywag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently all the new bars have been rented out, not sure if any opened yet. Treetown bars expected to move there

There is construction every day.   didn't count them but I would say about 30 bar-like structures are already done. But there is still a lot to do. If I remember correctly, it should be ready by October.

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

No, the bars are still there. And even in the loudest bars, the volume was turned down. And it's a big difference from before. There must be another reason.

I believe that's true. Last night Tree Town on soi moo cow was packed and most bars along that soi had drinkers. The back bars were quiet as were the LK Metro bars. It did still seem noisy to me just walking along the street.

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I believe that's true. Last night Tree Town on soi moo cow was packed and most bars along that soi had drinkers. The back bars were quiet as were the LK Metro bars. It did still seem noisy to me just walking along the street.

I know it's true because I live in this area. For example, I couldn't even watch TV without headphones. And I only get the sound reflection because I'm behind other buildings. Now I don't need them anymore. There is still some noise in my condo, but not much. I hope it continues like this ????????????????????????????????.

But who do I have to thank for this? This didn't happen by accident. Are no bar owners in this forum? 

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I suspect they were read a riot act.......

Make noise and you get raided.... for now we look elsewhere!

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

It's not just one day. It's been several weeks now. I don't usually go to bars. But I think I have to go to one to find out why ????.

I'm a little disappointed. I thought there were many bar lovers and bar owners here on the forum. But obviously the forum members are sitting at home reading and posting in the forum ????

I suspect that the bar with the rainbow colored seats may not have a live band lately?

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I know it's true because I live in this area. For example, I couldn't even watch TV without headphones. And I only get the sound reflection because I'm behind other buildings. Now I don't need them anymore. There is still some noise in my condo, but not much. I hope it continues like this ????????????????????????????????.

But who do I have to thank for this? This didn't happen by accident. Are no bar owners in this forum? 

Matador bar moved that had live music

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Matador bar moved that had live music

No, this is not only one bar. There must be new regulations. Obviously nobody here knows the reason why it is much more quiet. Whatever, I and countless others are glad that it is like this now and hope the best for the future ????????????

Regarding this Made in Thailand. Strange that they removed all bars and build now bars again.

By the way. Do people here know the almost elegant Xzyte Square? It is just 100 meters from Soi Buakhao. It really looks good but had for whatever reason a slow start. Here is some information:

Xzyte Square Pattaya

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6Z3zaEpezfAu8E1A8

Look at the photos there. 

• Thanks 1

Tree Town was DEAD DEAD.....For years and years and years before Covid......It was a failure.......

During Covid Tree town was the only thing open in Pattaya for 12-18 months....Covid saved Tree Towns azz....

Tree Town has continued to benifit from this popularity after glow after covid restrictions were lifted....

Now Tree Town is beginning to revert back to being a unloved area again, same as before............Its popularity is now falling...

Not sure about the lack of noise thing....No business no noise I guess..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1