Biden strikes economic populist tone during campaign rally before exuberant union members

Social Media

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — President Joe Biden delivered an unapologetically economic populist message Saturday during the first rally of his reelection campaign, telling an exuberant crowd of union members that his policies had created jobs and lifted the middle class. Now, he said, is the time for the wealthy to “pay their fair share” in taxes.

Biden spotlighted the sweeping climate, tax and health care package signed into law last year that cut the cost of prescription drugs and lowered insurance premiums — pocketbook issues that advisers say will be the centerpiece of his argument for a second term.

“I’m looking forward to this campaign,” Biden said to cries of “four more years!” before adding, “We’ve got a record to run on.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Tug said:

How so?guess fixing infrastructure is terrible?lowering drug prices for seniors terrible?jump starting domestically produced computer chips horrible?buy American made in America terrible?I could go on and on but I have things to do……..

All good and well as long as the books balance and its cost effective , otherwise the USA debt is just going to increase and cause more problems in the future

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All good and well as long as the books balance and its cost effective , otherwise the USA debt is just going to increase and cause more problems in the future

Exactly. Give out freebies to buy votes for a longer term of power,  run up the debt and let the opposition sort it out when you are finally booted out.

Straight from the left wing playbook.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. Give out freebies to buy votes for a longer term of power,  run up the debt and let the opposition sort it out when you are finally booted out.

Straight from the left wing playbook.

The link above shows the debt reducing under Biden after skyrocketing under trump. Could we at least agree to use the facts unless you can provide evidence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I was giving my opinion, how do you expect me to provide a link to my opinion !!!!!!!!!!! .

I give my opinion without a link, you don't give an opinion and just post a link to someone else's opinion (not to mention your ink appears to not address the points I raised)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

100% not true.

Why do you think they needed to increase the debt ceiling ?

Here are the facts. I hope you can read graphs.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/187867/public-debt-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Stop posting misinformation. 

Finally got a link out of you. Congratulations.

From my link

It’s worth noting that the figures used in the graph above measure debt held by the public, which experts at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities argue is more economically meaningful than gross debt. The former measures the government’s borrowing from the private sector and foreign governments, excluding debt it owes itself. Debt held by the public is currently about $24 trillion, and gross debt, which is subject to the congressional limit, is about $31 trillion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was giving my opinion, how do you expect me to provide a link to my opinion !!!!!!!!!!! .

I give my opinion without a link, you don't give an opinion and just post a link to someone else's opinion (not to mention your ink appears to not address the points I raised)

Your opinion about the US federal public debt? OK.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Your opinion about the US federal public debt? OK.

About the economy and economies in general .

Spending money to spur the economy is OK , as long as the spurred economy pays for itself .

Spending and getting more into debt isn't a long term solution , it just delays the debt crisis 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

About the economy and economies in general .

Spending money to spur the economy is OK , as long as the spurred economy pays for itself .

Spending and getting more into debt isn't a long term solution , it just delays the debt crisis 

so spending money for a tax cut wasn't ok because it didn't pay for itself?

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/did-the-2017-tax-cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

so spending money for a tax cut wasn't ok because it didn't pay for itself?

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/did-the-2017-tax-cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/

I wont be able to read that link until Wednesday , as I am fully booked to read all the previous links you have posted until then .

Seriously, you don't post anything yourself, you just keep sending me links to read .

I don't have the time to keep opening links and watching videos, 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wont be able to read that link until Wednesday , as I am fully booked to read all the previous links you have posted until then .

Seriously, you don't post anything yourself, you just keep sending me links to read .

I don't have the time to keep opening links and watching videos, 

I read all the links you posted in 0.37 seconds ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Finally got a link out of you. Congratulations.

From my link

It’s worth noting that the figures used in the graph above measure debt held by the public, which experts at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities argue is more economically meaningful than gross debt. The former measures the government’s borrowing from the private sector and foreign governments, excluding debt it owes itself. Debt held by the public is currently about $24 trillion, and gross debt, which is subject to the congressional limit, is about $31 trillion.

Here's another link for you. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/17/politics/biden-economy-facts-first/index.html

image.png.c39641c6512c55bbb0cc8c0305c5d0d1.png

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

100% not true.

Why do you think they needed to increase the debt ceiling ?

Here are the facts. I hope you can read graphs.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/187867/public-debt-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Stop posting misinformation. 

The problem with 100% true is it can’t be applied when referring to complex causes.

There was indeed ‘a need’ to borrow to spend during the pandemic.

There was absolutely not ‘a need’ to hand $1.3 Trillion in tax breaks to the hyper wealthy and high profit corporations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The problem with 100% true is it can’t be applied when referring to complex causes.

There was indeed ‘a need’ to borrow to spend during the pandemic.

There was absolutely not ‘a need’ to hand $1.3 Trillion in tax breaks to the hyper wealthy and high profit corporations.

Have you got any links to refute the clear facts that my links proved?

Sounds like you are trying to obfuscate.

Please try to avoid posting misinformation about the increase in national debt that has clearly occured under the Biden administration. 

Much appreciated. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Have you got any links to refute the clear facts that my links proved?

Sounds like you are trying to obfuscate.

Please try to avoid posting misinformation about the increase in national debt that has clearly occured under the Biden administration. 

Much appreciated. 

I’m not refuting the data, I’m refuting your comment:

100% not true.

Why do you think they needed to increase the debt ceiling ?”

You’ve asked a question, I have responded with an example of why the debt ceiling needed to be increased and another which was totally unnecessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

And what kind of record does the GOP under the liar in chief have?

Trump knows that.

If you tell the truth it is easy to remember.

If you tell lies you need to remember which lie you told about what.

Or if you are Trump you ignore that, and spew out a few more lies daily.

I had to check the OP  -  yup it's about Biden.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1