Para Bor Insurance

From memory I don’t think this ever applied to Bangkok but here in the back blocks of Isaan we had to have a current “Para Bor” (compulsory 3rd party insurance) sticker displayed on the windscreen under the license sticker and I’ve had it on/replaced for the last 4 years. Having just renewed the insurance I wasn’t given a sticker and upon my inquiry was told that it is no longer required. “Just display a current license and Insurance company sticker for 1st class insurance” (advertising gimmick for sure) I was told.

Is this the case now?

Isn't the compulsory govt insurance called Tor Lor Bor, not Para Bor? I think you still need to show it and renew it, but I think if you have first class insurance they do it for you (at least the better agents do).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The topic was brought up here once recently. The Por Lor Bor sticker is no longer required, actually you won't even get one now. You still need to have it (the insurance, not the sticker), but it will be on your insurance statement now.

Found it > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129632

Thanks for the verification. Sorry about my pronunciation living here where the language is a very hoch botch mixture of Thai, Isaan and Lao makes it hard to understand and this was the missus translation! :o