Departure flight is three days after visa exempt entry expires, what options are available?

Before I start getting flamed, I am not in dire straits here, and still have the option of a border run to use my second visa exempt entry. I would just prefer not to use that option. I have been here for fifteen years on Retirement O/A visas obtained in the States (not extensions based on retirements obtained in Thailand). When I booked my return flight back to the States last summer the visa exempt entry period was 45 days, and because I needed to stay a bit past my visa expiration I planned on using one visa exempt entry during a border run. But then the visa exempt entry was changed to 30 days, which puts my departure flight three days after the visa exempt entry expires. So the options I am aware of are either to use my last visa exempt entry for the year and make another border run, or go to immigration and get an extension on my current visa exempt entry. What I am looking for from the fine experts on Asean Now are options I may not be aware of? Thanks in advance. BTW I am in the NongKhai area.

2 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

NongKhai

Lucky you. According to a friend who lives in Nong Khai for quite a few years now, the Immigration Office there is one of the nicer and more helpful ones in the country. Go there, bring your airline ticket and your passport and 1900 Baht, the rest is smooth sailing.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have 3 outcomes.

1. Overstay and pay 500 baht a day, possible but not probable problems in the future.

2. Overstay get caught by immigration and you will be deported.

3. As suggested visit immigration and get a 30 day extension, 1,900 baht.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Go there, bring your airline ticket and your passport and 1900 Baht

Should not require airline ticket however he has one so all good. 

He also needs TM7 and photo.

Basic photocopies of pp pages and TM30 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Change your flight and leave before you go illegal.

Sometimes the advice offered on here highlights an utter absence of logical thought, or, presents a perfect example of where someone should have read the responses to the questions asked before letting his foot off the clutch too early and stalling....

The Op has two extremely simple solutions: 

1) Extend at Immigration for 1900 baht.

2) Border bounce. 

There is no need at all to change his travel plans... none whatsoever and its clear from the opening post that the Op has no intention whatsoever of compromising the legality of his presence in Thailand. 

Edited by richard_smith237

1. Do a border bounce to Laos

I don't know how much you'll have to pay

for a Lao visa on arrival but it should be

around 1,400B if it costs around US$40.

2. Get an extension

1,900B

3. Pay for your overstay when you fly out

1,500B (500B x 3 days)

I hope you don't get caught on your way

to the airport, though.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sometimes the advice offered on here highlights an utter absence of logical thought, or, presents a perfect example of where someone should have read the responses to the questions asked before letting his foot off the clutch too early and stalling....

What is your problem here? Changing the flight a couple of days earlier may well be both cheaper and less inconvenient than other options. It's an obvious one to consider.

Explain the "utter absence of logical thought" here, cos I am sure I am not the only one not seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

Changing the flight a couple of days earlier may well be both cheaper and less inconvenient than other options. It's an obvious one to consider

What airlines do you use.

Change of flight most often very expensive. 

Silly suggestion.

The guy lives in Nong Khai with small friendly immigration office.

30 day extension is no brainer.

In/out 1900baht. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op has two extremely simple solutions: 

1) Extend at Immigration for 1900 baht.

2) Border bounce. 

There is no need at all to change his travel plans... none whatsoever and its clear from the opening post that the Op has no intention whatsoever of compromising the legality of his presence in Thailand. 

When such query is made here on a near daily basis I felt necessary to include the  perfectly logical and valid suggestion which is too often overlooked. Of course I read the previous responses.  If the OP does not wish to attend immigration, do a border bounce, or overstay

3) Change your flight. Then simply leave the kingdom before you go illegal.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, isaanistical said:

What is your problem here? Changing the flight a couple of days earlier may well be both cheaper and less inconvenient than other options. It's an obvious one to consider.

Explain the "utter absence of logical thought" here, cos I am sure I am not the only one not seeing it.

Could ‘explain it for you’ but can’t ‘understand it for you’…….. another poster missed the logic too…. 
Op is asking about immigration options….
You and another obviously think he’s as stupid as a brick & has failed to consider the possibility of changing his flight, which is usually quite costly, more so than a quick trip to immigration …..  :clap2:

On 6/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, Lee4Life said:

What I am looking for from the fine experts on Asean Now are options I may not be aware of?

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

When such query is made here on a near daily basis I felt necessary to include the  perfectly logical and valid suggestion which is too often overlooked. Of course I read the previous responses.  If the OP does not wish to attend immigration, do a border bounce, or overstay

3) Change your flight. Then simply leave the kingdom before you go illegal.

Genius…. Lucky people so helpful….  There are some true problem solvers in this thread !!!!!   Magical stuff…  :whistling:

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What airlines do you use.

Change of flight most often very expensive. 

Silly suggestion.

The guy lives in Nong Khai with small friendly immigration office.

30 day extension is no brainer.

In/out 1900baht. 

Exactly this….    A complete no brainier….  ????