Really confuse about second hand motorbike in PHUKET

Diouk123

Hey guys!

I'm really confused because I'm seeing Honda Click 125 motorcycles from 2012 and 2013 with 40,000 to 60,000 km priced at 28,000 baht, and 2016 models with 25,000 km priced at 35,000 baht. Actually, the one priced at 35,000 baht naturally interests me. However, I don't understand because the prices in Bangkok for a similar 2018 model with 18,000 km range from 28,000 to 32,000 baht.

Edited by Diouk123

Phuket is always more expensive, they keep saying it's an island, but it's not really, connected with a big bridge with highway road ...! 

Even when I questioned Honda parts pricing being higher, I was told the same, it's far and it's an island ...! ,  while no such issue say in Krabi or even Songkla which are further away....!? 

But the problem is not the price, almost 80% of bikes for sale here are ex-rental and have been trashed by tourists at some point in their lives ..., best to try and buy a non Phuket number plate bike that is brought here, or better go and buy from provinces and ride it back, then can change the plate and put green book in your name at DLT here... (what I did before and will do again on my next one...). 

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

Phuket is always more expensive, they keep saying it's an island, but it's not really, connected with a big bridge with highway road ...! 

Even when I questioned Honda parts pricing being higher, I was told the same, it's far and it's an island ...! ,  while no such issue say in Krabi or even Songkla which are further away....!? 

But the problem is not the price, almost 80% of bikes for sale here are ex-rental and have been trashed by tourists at some point in their lives ..., best to try and buy a non Phuket number plate bike that is brought here, or better go and buy from provinces and ride it back, then can change the plate and put green book in your name at DLT here... (what I did before and will do again on my next one...). 

Ex rentals don't have to be bad, usually they get better maintenance. Just check if the bike is not pulling to one side. 

• Haha 1