Cream of Wheat - Where to buy?

connda

I've had a hankering for some Cream of Wheat lately.  I usually check to see if any is in stock when I go to retail stores in Chiang Mai, but haven't seen any lately (last visit at Rimping Nim Plaza was a zero as well).  This is something I'd usually get at Kasem or Rimping, but can't say I've seen it stocked lately.

Has anyone seen Cream of Wheat for sale in Chiang Mai in the last month? 

Edited by connda

45 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

Bought some today st Villa here in HH, it was 435Thb. I know there is not a Villa up your way, but just checked on Lazada and they have it. You can always order it for delivery @connda

Cheaper than what i paid. You can buy the individual packets or the cook in the pot style.

Screenshot_20230625_163357_Lazada.jpg

Screenshot_20230625_163809_Lazada.jpg

I looked on Lazada but the cheapest (473 THB) only had one left in stock.
Tried Shopee and found it for 479 THB including shipping for the 794 gram box and they had a lot in stock.  Pricey though.  At current exchange rates that's about $13.60 for a box.  Speaking of currents, I'll have to add in the cost of the raisins too (which I already have).  This is just one of those "I just wanna have some" moments.  A 29oz box is about $6.00 in the US.   Cooked with raisins and drizzled with butter and cream. 
Yum.   I'll savor every morsel.  Priceless!

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

I love Cream of Wheat too but the price for it in Thailand is so ridiculously high that I just won't go there. On the other hand I have paid the price for Grape Nuts which I don't think is priced quite as absurdly as Cream of Wheat but still bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why not buy rolled wheat flakes (next to porridge in Lotus's @ Bht 60) and make it same as porridge in the microwave.

I've eaten lots of different grains and at no time has rolled wheat ever tasted like "Cream of Wheat." 
Like I said, this is one of those, "Geez whiz, I really feel like having a bowl of good old fashioned Cream Of Wheat.  I'm just indulging myself.  But I appreciate the suggestion.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Pink Mist said:

Bought some today st Villa here in HH, it was 435Thb. I know there is not a Villa up your way, but just checked on Lazada and they have it. You can always order it for delivery @connda

Cheaper than what i paid. You can buy the individual packets or the cook in the pot style.

Screenshot_20230625_163357_Lazada.jpg

Screenshot_20230625_163809_Lazada.jpg

Be careful who you buy from.

Cream of Wheat.png

4 hours ago, Pink Mist said:

Bought some today st Villa here in HH, it was 435Thb.

I was surprised to see, apparently there's no Villa Markets anywhere in the north including Chiang Mai...as best as I can find.

If he doesnt find a better option, the OP also could contact the Villa Market main branch at Sukhumvit Soi 33 in BKK, and I believe they'll accept online orders that they'll ship anywhere in Thailand for non-perishable items.  Might be another 125b or so for delivery based on my mockup of a single package.

Screenshot_2.jpg.b1d352cb75b83bff585d3b255ac1f4a8.jpg

https://shop.villamarket.com/search?keyword=Cream of Wheat

Screenshot_3.jpg.4bf969f9a8a2953cc2bfb812f99c9a67.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Think they call it comfort food... But OP I understand where your coming from......Nilla wafers, Cream of Wheat, Saltines, Ginger Ale and Grits hard to find... Canadian Whiskey as well.  But was my choice to retire here and they have a lot more now than they did 50 yrs ago... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

hominy...same same but different as thais would say.....as for the OP learn to love JOK...rice porridge and much cheaper.....

Love it too I will have same same "congee" in Singapore Friday unless Nasi Lemak is on the breakfast buffet buffet also 

• Thumbs Up 1