Eating disorders and Alcoholism

Andy F

When I was about five years sober, I became increasingly more addicted to sugary foods. So much so that I had to go to another twelve-step fellowship to overcome this problem. With the help of Overeaters Anonymous (OA), I managed to put down the sugar. Thinking I was now cured I stopped going to those meetings and just continued to treat my alcoholism in AA. This was a big mistake. Very soon an addiction to sugar became a problem again. Some years later, I went back to OA to find abstinence again. What came as a shock was how many alcoholics were dealing with an eating disorder in that fellowship. Well, at least I felt right at home. 

https://aaforagnostics.com/blog/eating-disorders-and-alcoholism/

image.jpeg.620ce86af77e95b1b3c7e31856bad007.jpeg

Overeaters Anonymous – USA

Overeaters Anonymous – UK

Food Addicts Anonymous – USA

Food Addicts Anonymous - UK

Disclaimer

Please be advised that I mention four twelve-step fellowships in this blog. They are completely unaffiliated with each other. Moreover, the opinions expressed here do not necessarily represent the ideas, beliefs, and practices of the twelve-step programs mentioned. What I have shared with you are my own experiences of recovery from addiction; in all its different forms. The suggestions I remain willing to take are leading me, an agnostic alcoholic and addict, to a happy and contented life.

Edited by Andy F