Thailand’s real estate sector eyes foreign investment boost

snoop1130

Might want to consider property purchase to count towards the financial requirements for visas like O-A. Some countries do this already. Makes no sense to have a 5 million baht property and still have to prove that you hve 800,000 in the bank. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, h90 said:

But if they put them all on storage it will remove significant carbon.....it must be many tons every year :crazy:

cannabis is legal don't worry. the c02 can be used to grow and offset the box storage. plus growing cannabis pumps out oxygen. win win. 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Agreed, like wise... stick it out for now and see what happens in the future.

As for the Thais they're great people, I live in a very non-tourist area and they have greeted me very well.

My life is sweet we have many family and friends all Thai, only this week a long time friend poo ying transferred some money to buy me a create of beer, nice one, a couple of months ago another friend went to the shop at Buriram football and bought a me a shirt and posted it to Phuket, I don't even have a farang friend and I don't <deleted> miss them either, 

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Resembles my immigration office, I had the displeasure of going the last two days to do my annual marriage renewal... 30 days under consideration [after 20 years of being here] to await my home inspection which has been the same for the last 15 years.

Sheer lunacy.

Office paperwork.jpg

for my visa and wp...my hand hurts from the many signatures...I don't know how big the pack of paper is....and every year exactly the same...with the same copy of the ID cards of the same staff.....never a serious problem but complete waste of resources....

groundbraking idea if the control freaks don't want to change something......1 year visa like it is now. When it is expired you can online ask for a 1 year extension, with a transfer of 40.000. Than the third year it is the same old dance again.....

Reduce the work by 50% and still keeps the nonsense system in place.

You could also link immigration and labor together...if only would develop something like computers and internet....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stoner said:

cannabis is legal don't worry. the c02 can be used to grow and offset the box storage. plus growing cannabis pumps out oxygen. win win. 

the plant of it, would be actually very useful....makes fabric that can be used for many things including clothes....someone had jeans made out it years ago.

Don't know for Thailand but in Europe it grows like "weed" no pesticides needed.

12 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

LOL

I'm not making any stock market buy recommendations here. You have to deal with it yourself and inform yourself about the risks and opportunities. If you are aiming for a 5% annual return for your 10 million baht, you should be able to generate 500,000 baht per year before capital gains tax.

and why is that? cannot share for free what works for you?

it is not because you suggest x or y, that people blind follow

but at least they can have a look at the history of the returns

but apparently that is too mutt...

Message from Airbnb yesterday, update

Strong growth in Chinese outbound travel demand 爱彼迎发布最近报道:中国用户出境游需求增长强劲

Airbnb has recently released the “Summer Outbound Travel Trend Report”, which reveals that the search volume for outbound travel among Chinese users during early summer (July 1 – 15) has skyrocketed nearly sixfold, showing a strong growth momentum. So far, Airbnb's Chinese users are expected to check in to their Airbnb stays in nearly 10,000 cities and towns across 194 countries and regions worldwide this summer, building a deeper connection with the world. The top ten trending destinations for this summer are Thailand, the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Australia, Italy, Malaysia, and South Korea.

I think the US used to be the Chinese number one option for buying homes. But, the US has clamped down I think, and they are heading to Thailand to buy. Actually Thailand is a better place for them to buy now. As hard as it is to believe it is more stable than China. The rich and wealthy want out of China. Or an option if and when things get really bad there.

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I don't even have a farang friend and I don't <deleted> miss them either

Ditto, I have no farang friends, and in this area I very seldom see one.

Possible one or two passing through and they stop off at the main temple in the muang area.

Just how I like it.. 

• Like 1