Highway horror claims young scholar’s life: Car crash sends tragic message to Chanthaburi

snoop1130

collision.jpg

A university student tragically lost his life this morning when his car veered off the road, colliding with a barrier on a highway in Chanthaburi, East Thailand. The unfortunate incident also left the manager of the local Social Security Office injured and the victim’s family grieving.

A routine trip turned disastrous for the 20 year old university student, when his car veered off its lane on a winding road, hitting a barrier, and resulting in his instantaneous death. The heart-wrenching event unfurled on the Tha Chalap highway near the passage up to Yothanimit Temple in the Mueang district of Chanthaburi province.

The fated car was a Honda Civic, with a Bangkok registration plate ฌฮ2891, found wrecked and blocking the road. The other party in the crash, identified as Kittima, was found with minor injuries and bruises across her body. She received immediate assistance from officials and was promptly transported to the Prapokklao Hospital.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Picture courtesy of เมืองตะวันออก Facebook

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/young-students-deadly-car-crash-on-chanthaburi-highway-leaves-local-office-manager-injured

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Creative writing from the Thaiger.

Not far from our house.

Report is inaccurate. No barrier involved; no winding road on that Hway 3146.

The photo shows the black Honda Civic driven by Mrs. Kittima Vinyuvijit, not the one driven by the (fatally injured) university student which is a gold-coloured Toyota Vios.

CCTV clearly shows the Vios in the opposing lane colliding with the Civic head-on. Appears she saw it approaching and tried to move further left but it continued veering to its right. 

Would guess no seatbelt - enough impact for his head to shatter the windscreen directly above the steering wheel.

Thanks for the accurate report.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Creative writing from the Thaiger.

Not far from our house.

Report is inaccurate. No barrier involved; no winding road on that Hway 3146.

The photo shows the black Honda Civic driven by Mrs. Kittima Vinyuvijit, not the one driven by the (fatally injured) university student which is a gold-coloured Toyota Vios.

CCTV clearly shows the Vios in the opposing lane colliding with the Civic head-on. Appears she saw it approaching and tried to move further left but it continued veering to its right. 

Would guess no seatbelt - enough impact for his head to shatter the windscreen directly above the steering wheel.

I think it is in order to request the Thaiger to part company with there reporter if in fact gomangosteens post is indeed correct, as it would seem the reporter didn't even get out of bed to report on it. 

5 minutes ago, Almer said:

I think it is in order to request the Thaiger to part company with there reporter if in fact gomangosteens post is indeed correct, as it would seem the reporter didn't even get out of bed to report on it. 

! They made an error, maybe rushed, but factually wrong.

I have been through there this morning on my cycle ride, police paint markings on the road show where the impact was and where cars came to rest.

The cctv I mentioned was on a local member-only Facebook community group.

Can't guess 'why' he was almost a double car width across the middle of the road, impact shunted her Honda out towards the centre.

And, guess #2, why his Toyota Vios airbag didn't activate, don't follow car stuff but thought it would be fitted as a minimum on the driver's side?

And just a note, possibly coincidence but timeline about right, was overtaken by an ambulance yesterday, it went past me, a truck and a car on a centre yellow-line road approaching a curve ... Good luck with that 

• Thanks 1