'Next hours will be decisive': 45,000 police deployed as unrest spreads across France

Social Media

8 hours ago, sharksy said:

Was there any indication that the police officer actually intended to kill the driver?

The police officer allegedly said, "I am going to shoot you in the head". Whether this is true and/or whether the officer intended to kill doesn't alter the fact that a young man has ended up dead.

It appears from your posts that you think that this is a perfectly acceptable outcome?

57 minutes ago, RayC said:

The police officer allegedly said, "I am going to shoot you in the head". Whether this is true and/or whether the officer intended to kill doesn't alter the fact that a young man has ended up dead.

It appears from your posts that you think that this is a perfectly acceptable outcome?

Although I'm in England, not France, I was brought up to respect the police.  Yes, I was a bit of a naughty boy as a kid, but I also realised that by running from the police, I have upped the anty, and the outcome would only be worse for me if I didn't get away cleanly.

I rolled the dice.

3 hours ago, sharksy said:

Although I'm in England, not France, I was brought up to respect the police.  Yes, I was a bit of a naughty boy as a kid, but I also realised that by running from the police, I have upped the anty, and the outcome would only be worse for me if I didn't get away cleanly.

I rolled the dice.

Which sounds something like my own upbringing.

Maybe I was a bit naive - given that the SPG were operational in South London, and they were seemingly a law unto themselves - but the thought never crossed my mind that I might end up dead at the hands of the police.

I simply can't understand how it can be considered acceptable for a police officer to act as judge, jury and (literally) executioner in a case where a relatively petty crime may have been committed.

• Like 1

I simply can't understand how it can be considered acceptable for a kids to flee from the police to avoid prosecution. 

I do not think the policeman was justified, I think something went horribly wrong, but kids fleeing police without any fear of tconsequences does not end well for society. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I simply can't understand how it can be considered acceptable for a kids to flee from the police to avoid prosecution. 

I do not think the policeman was justified, I think something went horribly wrong, but kids fleeing police without any fear of tconsequences does not end well for society. 

Police officers killing individuals for avoiding arrest for an apparently minor offence does not bode well for society 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RayC said:

Police officers killing individuals for avoiding arrest for an apparently minor offence does not bode well for society 

A 17 yr old in a Mercedes AMG with a couple of mates in it.  Wonder what could go wrong?

9 hours ago, RayC said:

What do imagine the frequency of one versus the other is?