Extension of Stay Renewal in Phuket, anything changed in the past year? ("Guardian Visa"...)

BangkokBoyJohnny

image.png

So I have a Extension named "Custody of Thai child" or something like that but called Guardian Visa at Phuket Immigration.

I have Sole Custody (Full Parental Control) of my two half Thai kids

I'm off to renew it next week, will do the 100thb debit before Bank paperwork,

Will take my 100 sheets of info: pictures, maps, kids info, photos, etc etc as the same for the past 5 or so years.

Just wondered if much or anything has changed.

I did the Video house video walkthrough too last year...

Many thanks in advance,

BBJ...

I stand corrected (by myself)

I just noticed there is a Custodian to Thai child section on http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/custodian-to-thai-child/

Actually it says apply within 30 days, I thought it used to be 45 days ?

Gotta laugh/or cry about the new photo requirements though :
2 Pictures of of the father with the child / children inside the house in 2 separate rooms. (Kitchen and sleeping room)

• Confused 1

I had my retirement extension done last week. There is now a computer outside where the person checks your papers. The first thing he did was confirm on his computer that a TM30 was in the system. The person ahead of me was told they couldn't proceed until a TM30 was completed.

The TM30 was checked again when I applied for my multiple re-entry permit. I assume the need for a TM30 would apply to a guardianship extension as well. 

Otherwise, at least for an extension based on retirement, it was the same as in previous years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I had my retirement extension done last week. There is now a computer outside where the person checks your papers. The first thing he did was confirm on his computer that a TM30 was in the system. The person ahead of me was told they couldn't proceed until a TM30 was completed.

The TM30 was checked again when I applied for my multiple re-entry permit. I assume the need for a TM30 would apply to a guardianship extension as well. 

Otherwise, at least for an extension based on retirement, it was the same as in previous years. 

So none of the previously reported demand for copy land paper and other land owner details ?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The first thing he did was confirm on his computer that a TM30 was in the system.

So, no need to take a paper copy?

I always thought this was the case as I've never needed a paper TM30 to do a TR extension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

So none of the previously reported demand for copy land paper and other land owner details ?  

I watched him type in each person's passport number, but the screen was in Thai so I could not tell what he was checking. But he did turn the person away ahead of me after entering her passport number and explained it was due to a missing TM30, so that (and perhaps other data) was being reviewed. I did not provide a paper copy of a TM30 or any other owner documents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, DFPhuket said:

Many thanks DFPhuket...

Ps Did they require some form of Proof of address ie Rental Contract etc, Phuket Immigration Volunteers website doesnt mention it. I "own" my land and house through "my" Thai company... 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:15 PM, DFPhuket said:

I watched him type in each person's passport number, but the screen was in Thai so I could not tell what he was checking. But he did turn the person away ahead of me after entering her passport number and explained it was due to a missing TM30, so that (and perhaps other data) was being reviewed. I did not provide a paper copy of a TM30 or any other owner documents. 

Thanks again DFPhuket ...

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:58 AM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

2 Pictures of of the father with the child / children inside the house in 2 separate rooms. (Kitchen and sleeping room)

I think they've changed this yet again, and now require 2 sets of external photos - one with full body of both parent and child with house number visible, and the other waist-up of parent and child with house number visible.  All photos must be printed upright - they rejected any printed photos that required them to turn the page 90 degrees (go figure...).  They also wanted photos or parent and child in bedroom, sitting room and kitchen from me.  This was 1 month ago.  They do a video walk through via Line.  

Additional items: I applied for 1yr extension on a 90-day Non-O, and they wanted at least 15 working days remaining on current visa.  When I asked, they told me I could apply up to 45 days before visa expiry.  They didn't like that my current rental agreement finished soon after I tried to apply first (living same house 11 years), and insisted that I needed to have a lease with at least 6 months remaining.  So I had to go get a new lease contract from my landlord. 

Hope this helps.  

On 7/2/2023 at 11:58 PM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

I stand corrected (by myself)

I just noticed there is a Custodian to Thai child section on http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/custodian-to-thai-child/

Actually it says apply within 30 days, I thought it used to be 45 days ?

Gotta laugh/or cry about the new photo requirements though :

They mention 30 days on the website as that is the official time limit but Phuket immigration will allow it up to 45 days before the current expiration date.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:47 AM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

So I have a Extension named "Custody of Thai child" or something like that but called Guardian Visa at Phuket Immigration.

I have Sole Custody (Full Parental Control) of my two half Thai kids

I have a question for you. Is there any advance in having a Guardian based extension vs one based on marriage or any disadvantages (more paperwork?)? Does a guardian extension come with multi-entry permission? Or you also need to get a reentry permit every time you leave Thailand? Just wondering.